Servicing Schedule

det45

Registered
I have approximately 1000 miles on my Gen 2 Busa and already had the 600 mile service done by the dealership. Should I follow the service schedule in the owners manual and take the bike in for servicing to the dealership or should I do it myself. The dealership wants serious coin to service my bike. Also when should the valves be adjusted because I don't think I want to tackle that task. ???

I am doing as much of the work that I am able to do myself. I don't feel comfortable taking my bike to the stealership to have them do the work for me, and most of the maintenance isn't that hard to complete yourself.

If you have the E33 (California Model) you inspect the valves at 600 miles, 7500, and then 14500. If you have the "normal" model you inspect the valves at 7500 and 14500.

I do all my own service on the Busa but I plan on taking the bike to the dealer at 7500 miles for that inspection because I don't have a clue on how to do it. I also believe you need computer software and some type of ECU reader to do that job.

I'm also not sure what you're suppose to do after you hit 14,500 miles because the service recommendations in the manual just quits but I doubt you should quit servicing the Busa after 14,500 miles.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Zee
I have a gen II, and after the 600 mile service, 4000 is next with just an oil change and general inspection. Valve inspection does not come untill 14500 miles.

k8 manual.jpg

IF you want your warranty to stay in tact and you feel comfortable doing the service then by all means do it yourself but make sure you keep your receipts and any documents to prove products were purchased for the required service.

I do it at dealership and stay there to make sure its done right. It keeps my warranty in tact and would help in case dooms day ever knocks my door and i need to sell my baby.

It was my first NEW Bike and I purchased the prepaid service plan - just be careful as the service is only as good as the mechanic doing it !!!

If you trust your dealership and have a good service relationship it should not be a problem.

My experience has been sadly different - I have had BAD Luck with my local dealer, and the service agreement is with them only.
So 2 more services and I will do my own after that. (I am also getting the services double checked at another dealership who will work with me) ((Aurora Suzuki - good guys))

Do you think it's a good idea, to compare dealership service charges (to see what everybody else around the globe is charging)?

Had my 600 mile service today (09' Busa), at a local dealership in SC. The total bill was $115.63.

Honda GN4 10W40 (4) 5.29ea ($21.16)
Filter $12.14
Shop Labor ($75.00)
AND TAX :laugh:

I always let the dealerships, do the first service, of every vehicle I buy. And then from there, it's all me. I document all of my service work, mileage, notes, etc... on an Excel Spreadsheet. :)

Had my Busa serviced at 20,000 ks , only to be told it is due to have full (big) service at 25,000 and will be $700+ . Comments anyonI am in the quiet little place of Tasmania , Aus. Any other members over here ??

Had my Busa serviced at 20,000 ks , only to be told it is due to have full (big) service at 25,000 and will be $700+ . Comments anyonI am in the quiet little place of Tasmania , Aus. Any other members over here ??
Kimbo I'm no where near Taz.or I would help you out. Been on the site 17+ years and only recall one dude from there.Sounds as if yer dealer will be checking/adjusting the valves.(that or he's doing one hell of an' oil change) Find the best tech available even if its a long ride to get there. It will take a while,bring a lunch and/or plan to spend the night.Ask if they have the nessecary parts on hand or if they will have to be ordered.
Opening up the lid and adjusting the valves is not for the average "Backyard Bob" in my opinion. You could be "walked thru it" if desired but there are a few catches.
Check this video...see if you are up for this sort of disasembly,adjustments,and toss back together.

KIMBO, CLICK HERE

Rubb.

We need more info before we cry "RAPE." Meaning yer dealer may be ripping you off just a bit. It's only been 5K since your last service,the only things really nessecary would be an' oil & filter,chain clean/adjust/lube,etc. things like that.
Check yer bills,look at the dates,seen whats been done.then shout back at us.
Rubb.

Thanks Rubb,
Out of my league, don't mind paying for good service. Just thought it was weird that needed service at 20,000 and now a major service at 25,000. How do I upload pics of my ride to site ??
Taz is a great place home of the renown Taz Devil Lol,

Thanks Rubb,
Out of my league, don't mind paying for good service. Just thought it was weird that needed service at 20,000 and now a major service at 25,000. How do I upload pics of my ride to site ??
Taz is a great place home of the renown Taz Devil Lol,
No worries. Maybe find a private tech who won't take u to the bloody cleaners.
Post pics of yer Busa:
look below the window you just wrote into.At the bottom click "attach files" it will take you into your 'puter...find the location of your file,right click on it, choose "select" from the drop down menu. pic appears in the post u are working on at the bottom...you'll see it upload...with a small pic of it showing at the bottom...click "full image" it pops into your post.Then click "post reply"
GTG.
Rubb.

big boy.JPG

That was qwik....my description worked. well I'll be fugged.

sweet ride,awesome color choice,close to mine above. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Love the colour and bike, always wanted a BUsa, but went through abut 20 different bikes to get there, trying to find a Suzuki Katana 81-82 to bring back memories of the old days, but they are either crap or overpriced now. Is there any dealers over there that will ship to OZ that have good range of trick parts. I just bought a rear seat , grab rail , and Venturi rack and bag, but wife hasn't wanted to get on it yet so holding off putting them on. Will ruin the look

Back