Service Member?

(rays06busa @ Jun. 26 2007,11:30)
(Nekosohana @ Jun. 26 2007,07:08)
(rays06busa @ Jun. 26 2007,06:55) Navy here.  Active duty E-6.  I'm in Recruiting now working in downtown Dallas, TX.  Love it here in Texas.   This area is not heavily populated with active military.  The patriotism Texans have is amazing.  People walk up to me and shake my hand and thank me for my service all the time, and it makes me very proud to serve.
I'm from Dallas too.  The reason is because the only place to work around here is the NAS Fort Worth station.

I was offered active reserve at NAS Fort Worth in MALS out there.  I just didn't want to do that drive every single day from Dallas to Fort Worth.
I know what you mean.  My wife likes to go to the commisary out there and I dread the drive.  I would definitely not like that drive every day.  I look forward to meeting you on the "mod and ride" day.
And I as well. Should be fun!

Found three polls about military affiliation and here are the results from those:
Army 28/25/35 Avg: 29 (rounded)
USMC 18/16/20 Avg: 18 (rounded)
Navy 16/18/19 Avg: 18 (rounded)
Air Force 19/14/17 Avg: 17 (rounded)

These results are extrememly unreliable because of duplicate responces in the three polls, but they are probably representative of the military population (service specific):
You mention that it seems as though there "is an abundance of Marine Corps representation in all forms" - I think the Marines jump out at you, because you are a Marine - but also becuase there are a few high profile members who are Marines; ThrasherFox, Pashnit, Devil Dog, GunnyBusa and Nitrous Junkie come immediately to mind. Da Col, Devious, Revlis, USN05LE, GSXcite, GSXtacy, PanDemiC and several others too numerous to mention have military backgrounds.

When you ask about the correllation between Military and Bikes - think back to the Hells Angels - what were they originally? Pilots returning from the War (WWII).

I think there are several factors that make bikes attractive to military people...
Cost of purchase, fuel and maintenance
Impression of invincibility
in some cases, immature spending habits for new military personnel
Peer Pressure

But what is odd is the heavy population of older people; I mean the people under 33 who are riding Busas are in the minority to say the least - so there is a progression that may be facilitated by the stable income of a Military Career.

Well - just my .02 anyway...

the connection between American military members and the Hayabusa is that they are both the Best in the world . The Best only want the Best .

I'm Air Force and I love to fly while looking pretty!
beerchug.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Jun. 27 2007,11:29) Found three polls about military affiliation and here are the results from those:
Army         28/25/35 Avg: 29 (rounded)
USMC        18/16/20 Avg: 18 (rounded)
Navy         16/18/19 Avg: 18 (rounded)
Air Force   19/14/17 Avg: 17 (rounded)

These results are extrememly unreliable because of duplicate responces in the three polls, but they are probably representative of the military population (service specific):
You mention that it seems as though there "is an abundance of Marine Corps representation in all forms" - I think the Marines jump out at you, because you are a Marine - but also becuase there are a few high profile members who are Marines; ThrasherFox, Pashnit, Devil Dog, GunnyBusa and Nitrous Junkie come immediately to mind.  Da Col, Devious, Revlis, USN05LE, GSXcite, GSXtacy, PanDemiC and several others too numerous to mention have military backgrounds.

When you ask about the correllation between Military and Bikes - think back to the Hells Angels - what were they originally?  Pilots returning from the War (WWII).

I think there are several factors that make bikes attractive to military people...
Cost of purchase, fuel and maintenance
Impression of invincibility
in some cases, immature spending habits for new military personnel
Peer Pressure

But what is odd is the heavy population of older people; I mean the people under 33 who are riding Busas are in the minority to say the least - so there is a progression that may be facilitated by the stable income of a Military Career.

Well - just my .02 anyway...
Wow. What can be said after that?

I guess I am still in the minority though at 29.
biggrin.gif

AIM HIGH!!  Air Force here 23+ years!! When I first saw the Busa back in 99 I thought I had to have one.  And after many deployments my dream came true.  I bought my BEAST a 02' silver and gray!! And I wouldn't change her for the world.  NO I don't want any other bike!!!

I guess I'm confirming MC Mustang points!

Back