Service manual question

jch364

Registered
Hey all. Its cold and snowing here in Ohio. It sucks. Just wanted to complain for a sec. My question, however, is about getting a service manual. I cant find a service manual for my 2006 busa. Seems that clymer and Haynes only go to 2004. I considered buying an actual shop manual but they are like $70 or so. If i have to i will spend the money on that but im not mechanic so im afraid it might be a little over my head. Anyone know were I can get a manual for a 2006. Or tell me if an older one will do. I dont know if any changes were made from 2004 to 2006. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks

Hey all. Its cold and snowing here in Ohio. It sucks. Just wanted to complain for a sec. My question, however, is about getting a service manual. I cant find a service manual for my 2006 busa. Seems that clymer and Haynes only go to 2004. I considered buying an actual shop manual but they are like $70 or so. If i have to i will spend the money on that but im not mechanic so im afraid it might be a little over my head. Anyone know were I can get a manual for a 2006. Or tell me if an older one will do. I dont know if any changes were made from 2004 to 2006. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
I believe you're stuck getting the Suzuki service manual if you want one especially for the 2006. I'm in the same boat with my 2005. Good luck though. My service manual from Suzuki has been on backorder for almost two months.

I did buy the Haynes manual and for the most part not too much has changed from 04 to 06, except for some electrical.

I've been using this manual for my 05.  Haven't found any differences (so far).

<!--EDIT|BusaWhipped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142969349 -->

thanks
Where you at in Ohio? There are a few of us on here that can help you with any maintenance and repair questions you may have. and welcome.

I've been using this manual for my 05. Haven't found any differences (so far).
+1
+2.

I'm using the downloaded one for my '04....I'm in the middle of replacing my head gasket (the one on the Busa, that is
tounge.gif
)

I live in Dayton. I about to reach my 600 mile service so i figure ill be taking it to the dealer for that one. not sure exactly what they are gonna do other than an oil and filter change but they said its gonna cost about $100. Now thats sum spensive oil aint it!...Guess im gonna have to suck it up and pay for the service manual and just hope it comes before fall..lol

Dude, download the manual from the link in Charlesbusa's post above. You'll have it as fast as your bandwidth allows.

aside from using the service manual, try grabbing the haynes hayabusa book as well. you would be surprised how well it walks you through basic routine maintenance. i think the link is haynesbooks.com good luck!

Bought mine at repairmanual.com. Looks like they have it for the '06 Busa for $63.95. It's for the base 1999 model, with an update section for each year.

From the website:

"Official 1999-2006 Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa Factory Service Manual. Provides service, repair and maintenance for 1999-2006 Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa models. This is the same book used by the service department at your local Suzuki dealer. It has everything in it you need to know in order to repair and service your bike. A must for anyone who insists on OEM quality parts. Stock: While this item is on BACKORDER it is expected to arrive shortly and has been on order for some time. If you order this item now we will prioritize this backorder and send you the next available copy. Inventory is updated daily and all orders are shipped in the order that they are received. Item #: 99500-39187-03E Price: $63.95 US Dollars"

Back