Service call

basscrazy

Donating Member
Registered
I've been asking around on the board about my busa's first service. Got the letter from Suzuki saying that I should have the service done 2 months or 600 miles which ever comes first. A number of you commented about this. I took all of the into consideration. So, my bike now has 510 miles on it. I will be riding at least 300 miles this weekend (going to get me some code red in Richmond 100 mile away) I decide to call Colemans Powersport in Woodbridge to get the service done. I can certainly do the oil changing but I really wanted a Suzuki dealer to check out the bolts and stuff. Called up Colemans. They quoted me $323.00 for the service plus and additional $80-$100 dollars in parts. What parts? I called Tom (Postal) to run this by him. He laughed. I decided to call Extreme Powersport in Fredericksburg and A&B Extreme in Ohio. They both quoted me $110.00 for the service. What is up. Has any of the Virginia people had any dealings with Colemans. My experience with them is that they seem to always try to beat you on every hand.(my experience) I will drive 25 miles to Fredericksburg or the Falls Church before I ride 5 mins to Colemans of Woodbridge. I live less than 5 mile from this store

Question; How do you setup a good,trustworthy relationship with a local dealer. I must be doing something wrong.....

You're not doing anything wrong...it is truly hard to find someone you can fully trust when it comes to your "toys", at least that's how I feel...I hate dropping my car off for anything, refuse to leave my Busa anywhere...

Unless you grew up knowing someone that works in a dealership, I don't honestly know how guys/gals build up that trust...I would really consider going out, buying the oil and a filter, changing it yourself (keep the receipts, document what you did at how many miles were on it when you did it), then get with a fellow Busa rider about going over things to look for that may be loose (my experience shows that a lot of the rubber hoses don't seem to be 100% tightened by their clips, others have noted loose bolts here and there)...

Save yourself this aggravation and just work on doing the work yourself.
smile.gif
Just my $.02...

Ping Lightcycle from Woodbridge.
I think I've read some not too friendly things about Colemans here.
rock.gif

P.s. I don't know of any dealer in VA I would trust.

<!--EDIT|guido4512
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149789537 -->

You're not doing anything wrong...it is truly hard to find someone you can fully trust when it comes to your "toys", at least that's how I feel...I hate dropping my car off for anything, refuse to leave my Busa anywhere...

Unless you grew up knowing someone that works in a dealership, I don't honestly know how guys/gals build up that trust...I would really consider going out, buying the oil and a filter, changing it yourself (keep the receipts, document what you did at how many miles were on it when you did it), then get with a fellow Busa rider about going over things to look for that may be loose (my experience shows that a lot of the rubber hoses don't seem to be 100% tightened by their clips, others have noted loose bolts here and there)...

Save yourself this aggravation and just work on doing the work yourself.  
smile.gif
 Just my $.02...
+1

You really don't need to do anything but make some friends here.
Have service day rides and stuff like that.
I promise you that as soon as you get into doing your own work you won't let anyone else touch it.

You really don't need to do anything but make some friends here.
Have service day rides and stuff like that.
I promise you that as soon as you get into doing your own work you won't let anyone else touch it.
You are right... The oil change is not the issue. I have been rebuilding engines and programming race systems for years(cars....) I guess my concern is relationships. I enjoy establishing a working relationship with the people I give my money to. It just seems that everytime I need or want to do something with the bike, the places I frequent wants to rip me off. (...buyer beware...)

If it was not for this board, I would have been taken a few times. One that would have put me in a bad frame of mind (..thats why I own firearms and shoot IDPA......joking kinda)

You guys are great!!!!!! Thanks for the info. I will certainly be doing the oil changes myself and will call Tom, DJ and other locals for the stuff I am not sure of... There are a few Northern VA/Metro DC people on the board. I need to track them down if only to say hi and lets ride.

I may be sick, ok i am sick, but i rather enjoy working on my busa, cleaning, maint. etc. Am I the only sicko here?

Back