Serious comfort mods!

Cool Thanks a lot all for the help!

Wow Pashnits website is incredible! I've gone from spending a couple of hundred to wanting every mod he's made on his blue and gold gen 2, that thing is amazing!!

Step 1 anyway- Helibars and Risers. Soupys seem to be poular, any others i should consider?

Weird, made a couple of posts in this thread few days ago and they never showed up, do they have to be reviewed by mods before posting or something?

When you are fitting the Oxford grips be a bit wary. I had some on my CBR1000F a few years back and they ended up melting the rubber and were too hot even with heavy winter gloves.
I would also wire it in via the brake light or similar with a relay so you don't leave them on when you park up.
Can't beat heated trips after the atrocious winter we had in cork!

I put oxfords on mine and I have soupys 1" riser block. No problems at all and they get nice and hot. My only gripe is the bar end rubbing the throttle sleeve so I might add a washer to avoid it.

Sorry to bring this one back up I don't think i was clear in my last posts, I already have heated grips on the bike, is it possible to remove and reinstall them with the new helibars or will I wreck them taking them off the old bars?
Will be ordering the bars this week am only hearing good things, I have the buell pegs on it now, nice extra leg room but would work nicely with the Helis I think.

Sorry to bring this one back up I don't think i was clear in my last posts, I already have heated grips on the bike, is it possible to remove and reinstall them with the new helibars or will I wreck them taking them off the old bars?
Will be ordering the bars this week am only hearing good things, I have the buell pegs on it now, nice extra leg room but would work nicely with the Helis I think.

Before you order the helibars, check out the mv-verholen kit.
http://www.mv-motorrad.de/SUZUKI+GSXR1300+Hayabusa+bis+Modell+2008+Superbike+Lenkeradapter.htm

What did you use to install them with? You can only try your best to save them or are you thinking of skipping the helibars if the heaters were likely to be damaged?

What did you use to install them with? You can only try your best to save them or are you thinking of skipping the helibars if the heaters were likely to be damaged?

Didn't install them myself they were on it when I got the bike, I think I'd still do it but I'd have to wait a little longer and possibly factor in the cost of a new set of grips. I wonder could I source just the rubber grip part and just scrap the old ones and wire on a new or second hand set instead of buying a whole new Oxford kit.

Back