Sequestration

kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
Just wondering who get hurt the most. Border towns are going to take a bath if this happens. Glad to see you guys have smart politicians making smart decisions...:rofl: Just when you didnt think it could get any worse..... how long before you start flying Greeces' flag...

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

For me,

Pay cut around 1000.00/month

Will it hurt me? Not really. Savings will be less, money put away for retirement will be less. All non-essentials will be cut.

What impact will it have on the local economy?

These are things I was planning to do this year that will not happen.

Plant 2 more trees and finish my backyard planters/retaining walls and fill with dirt. $600.00
Upgrade drip watering system $400.00
Contract out and have porch roof/cover installed. $5000.00
Cancel Direct TV silver and go to basic, cancel my shooting club membership, cancel XM radio in my car. $100.00/month
Put off Vance/Hines header and tune for my bike. $650.00
No camping trips this Summer. $2000.00
Use the wife's minivan instead of the truck to commute in to work. $100.00/month
eat a sack lunch every day as opposed to eating out once or twice a week. $60.00/month

That's $8650 in outright purchases that support my local economy and $1350 in incidentals over the 5 months the sequester will be implemented.

For one middle class DoD worker that equates to $10,000. that would have gone to supporting the local economy. Multiply that by the 717,000 DoD workers who will be furloughed.

Man Our Government is STOOPID!

Our dealmakers in Washington came up with sequester because they thought it "was bad enough it would force compromise", but guess what, it didn't.

As far as I'm concerned, the Conservatives HAVE compromised. Obama GOT his tax increase. But I have YET to see a SINGLE DOLLAR cut in spending. These aren't even cuts at all, this is just a reduction in the PROJECTED spending. Do you realize this is the first time in American history that there hasn't been a budget in a Presidents entire term?

So, since the President and the Dems THINK they have the House Republicans cornered in the court of popular opinion, they are again pushing for tax increases. But I think this time the House is ready to go down into the rabbit hole. They've sent several proposals to the Senate, but Harry Reid won't allow them to the floor. So I think I'm ready for ANYTHING that FORCES our goverment to cut spending, even as nasty and reckless as sequester. I will be ticked if the Republicans back down this time, regardless if they catch the blame or not. Spending your daddy's credit card like a petulant teenager has GOT to stop. The only people in the past 5 years that haven't take a pay cut are goverment employees (and I even include our military) AND those on WELFARE or other benefits. Not even a freeze because they've been getting a COLA. Hell, my income has certainly suffered - maybe it's time some government employees work a 4-day week like many in the private sector have had to - give them a different perspective.

My government has blocked your governments propaganda. :rofl:

ForumRunner_20130226_143247.png

ForumRunner_20130226_143247.png

Washington wil get more tax $ then any year in history thanks to recent increases.....so guess what? They want more. Fortunatly they will put it to good use and maintain a prudent and balanced budget...er uh :banghead:

I actually think this is a good idea as we have to cut spending somehow and this is a % cut across the board which means everyone chips in. Also, the debt dropping has already increased the dollars strength by about 3 1/2%. A strong dollar while bad for exports is great for imports and the purchasing power of our dollars..

Besides, Obama is who proposed this thing, so it must be good right?

Just keep on drinking the cool-aid :drink:

I don't know about all the politics here, other than we have to reduce the deficit somehow, but this is what I do know.

Flew into Buffalo NY on Thursday, because flying into Toronto is too expensive.
Drove across the bridge into Canada, it took 45 minutes with 4 lanes to get through Canadian customs border control.
Drove back yesterday, (Tuesday) it took 3 minutes with 6 lanes to get through US customs border control.

It sure is nice to be back>:laugh:

as bad as things are here, at least i can be happy knowing i don't live in Canada!!! :thumbsup:

Back