05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
We will never forget

ground-zero.jpg

8 years ago tomorrow!!!

Where were you when it happened ???

Last edited:
I was in my apartment getting ready to go to work. I had the TV on when the news interrupted after the 1st plane hit.

Needless to say....with my Dad inside the Pentagon that day....I never made it to work.

No ....we will never forget! RIP all the souls that were taken that day.

I was driving to work. I got to work 30 minutes before the first tower was dropped. Then they dropped the second. Classic building demolition style, only there were people still inside. I still pray for the innocent people that dies in those building that day.

I was in my Big Rig getting ready to turn onto a military installation for a pick up. Needless to say that didn't happen. And yes, that day will never be forgotten.

I had just got home, from Logan airport, to see it on TV

I knew people on the UA flight out of Boston!

I was working and some one got a text and said some one crashed a plane into the tower. From there we turned the radio on and listened. A day no one will forget.

I was getting in the car after dropping my sons off with there mom so I could deploy overseas with the Marines. I was about to go to the airport when my ex-wife said I should take a look at what was going on on TV. Needless to say, I couldn't leave that day due to the flight delays and instead of heading to the Mediterranean Sea like we originally intended, we went to Afghanistan a few weeks later.

I was playing hooky from school. it was my junior year. i got a call from my mom(which woke me up), and she told me to turn on to cnn. i immediately called my dad, who was a supervisor out on the local air force base, and i knew something wasnt right when he answered.

"this is an unsecure line, building 149"

-"dad?"

"jeremy?"

-"uh.....what the heck is going on? are you..."

"we cant talk right now. you're going to be fine, just stay at the house. dont go anywhere. i'll tell you what i can when i get home."

talk about being freaked out on my end. typically i would get at least a "hey son, how are you?":rofl:

working my old job, guy came out from another department and told us what was happening, i thought he was full of chit but unfortunately he was telling the truth. very sad day. i remember seeing on tv a couple holding hands as they jumped to avoid the flames.

I was at work. The boss lady saw it on TV and came out to tell us what had happened. We were shocked. To think everyone was so worried what would happen when we went from 1999 to 2000, We missed it a year. I have other ideas but I'll just leave it alone. It was a sad day in America and Americans are still paying for that day.

Of all the hours I've spent flying, that morning I was off.

Then I was unemployed for the next week until security procedures were created to allow charter flights to resume.

The next four months were tough, as business deteriorated. In August 2001 I flew about 100 hours. From September until the end of December...about thirty hours total.

Overnight I went from earning $1000/wk. to earning $100/wk. To prevent having to tap into my savings I started fueling airplanes for $8.00/hr. Those were a tough four months.

It wasn't all bad though, I had been hired by an airline and had been told to expect to start in late September. 9/11 delayed that for a little over three months, and as a result, I met and got to know my wife to be during that time.

I was at work, putting a Cadillac trans back together. I was called up front by the shop foreman to watch the news about a plane that crashed into the Trade Center. I walked up just in time to see the second plane hit live, and in an instant we all knew we were under attack.

Unfortunately I think a good portion of America has forgotten, and it's pretty upsetting.

Getting ready to go to work Watching the new while tying my tie as usual when the first plane hit and it went live to the towers and the first reports were a cessna or something the watching the 2nd plane live on TV and getting chills like I had never had before.
My mom called crying cause there were rumors that the State Department building had been bombed or something and that is where my brother was working that day.
Still get chills when remembering that morning.

I was on my treadmil watching the news when it happened. I saw the replaed video of the first plane and was thinking I didnt think it was an accident.

I was watching live as the second plane hit and I had no doubt that we were under some kind of attack.

I drove to work and there was a huge line to get on base.

I was going thru Pittsburg, PA when I turned on the radio in my truck to hear about a plane hitting one of the towers...thought.."what a terrible accident". I didn't know that another plane was crashing into a field not that far away from where I was....

Back