Sep29th Friday Night KC International Raceway Drag

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
This Friday, September 29th 2006 Kansas City International Raceway is having a open drag race. Five of us are driving down from Omaha to race, then cruise Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone on here that is close by is planning on attending? Let me know !
race.gif

post_6_42478_hhhhhhhhhh.JPG

No one going.... hard to believe! I've got plans or I would try and make it out to watch.

what does it take to get into an open drag race? I have no kill switch wire or wheelie bars or anything. I'm totally factory stock

I'm not into the drags, but if your going to be around the KC area Friday eve. shoot me a PM and let me know how to contact you and Ill give you some good cruising spots, and I"ll try to meet up with you.

(kawiboy11 @ Sep. 26 2006,15:27) According to the KCIR Site, you have to have the following. I don't have a kill switch either, and I don't think you need one. I called the guy on the phone and he said nothing about it.

http://www.kcir.net/~kcir/content/files/pdf/wed_fri_grudge.pdf

You thinking of coming down?

Cody
race.gif
race.gif
race.gif
yeah, just kind of pondering. I've been on the drag strip all of ONCE before HUGE BUCKETS OF RAIN washed out the whole day. so I suck at launching. is KCIR 1/8th or 1/4 mile? depending on many things falling into place like, work, weather etc... I might think about considering pondering talking about discussing maybe coming down for this

race.gif

race.gif

Ok, KCIR is a 1/4 mile track, more information can be found at the link in the previous post above. It's a good time. I have never run my Busa on the 1/4 either, just the 1/8 mile. You should come man, were not pros either, so it's going to be fun. After that, we are hopefully going to cruise KC if we can find some people to ride with.

Let me know, Send me a PM if you want.
beerchug.gif

Will there be any
beerchug.gif
bikes down in those places? Is that one, pleace , or three different areas?

Cody

Cody, the plaza area is a cool place with a bunch of sport bikes using it as a gathering place. I would recommend that you check it out for sure, and it is easy to get to from KCIR. Anyone in KC can tell you how to get there. I will do my best to meet up with you guys. Are you staying overnight? Give me a call before you come or when you get here. Hal 816-516-4607.

Yeah, we are staying in a motel, not to far from Downtown, well, like 10 miles away or something. I really would like to meet up with you guys as we don't have a clue on where to go, and where we are going for that matter!

Cody

I'm visiting a friend down there Friday night, and weather is looking good. I should be able to ride strait to KCIR and get there by 7:30 or 8pm, make a few runs, and head to my friends house by 10pm. I wouldnt mind riding around saturday morning. I need to head back up to Iowa by 12:30 or so. I HAVE to hit Houston's while I'm there. It's MANDITORY! Either dinner Friday eve or Lunch Saturday for the club sandwhich... mmmm open faced club sand wedge....

Dayum! I've got too much going on! I'm missing out on all this stuff!

Hmmm. I may be able to meet up Friday night - but it won't be until later (after 9:00pm).

Hal - I'll give ya a call if I can get a hall pass.

(kawiboy11 @ Sep. 27 2006,20:44) Sounds good to me, hope to see you there. You gonna ride with us after the race?

Come on out Oms! Sounds like we need people that know the area. I can sort of find the PLaza and usually stumble on Westport sometimes, but am not all that familiar with everywhere that's good for cruising
absolutley, unless you're all helmetless squid stunters hoping to attrack cops. I attract them enough ALONE and don't need any help.
biggrin.gif
Westport, Plaza etc is cool: low speed cruising. I don't strafe twisties after dark. And I'd LOVE to get out and ride Saturday morning if you guys are in town. I may or may not bring a friend with his DUC 749

no, we are not stunters, so don't worry about that. We are just comming down to meet some new riders in a different city. Last time I went down to KC I got a speeding ticket comming home on the interstate. I won't be getting another one. We walked right into a speed trap by St. Joe.

Cody

Have fun and be safe! I used to race the High School drags at KCIR in the mid 80's when they were sponsored by KY102...

(kawiboy11 @ Sep. 28 2006,06:35) no, we are not stunters, so don't worry about that.  We are just comming down to meet some new riders in a different city.  Last time I went down to KC I got a speeding ticket comming home on the interstate.  I won't be getting another one.  We walked right into a speed trap by St. Joe.

Cody
I am from St Joe....

Back