Sent off a little something extra

c10

Registered
A member here has changed up their tail section. Needed a new storage system.
Been awhile since I made one, and lost my good template. So I had to use my bike to measure off of, and a mud flap aid for hole locations. Miguel should like this a wee bit better.
DSC_4950.JPG

Wow that's awesome.
How big is ur starting piece and are u able to measure the dimensions so I can plug an play my own?
What thickness material?
You got a picture of the bottom u can post? And also maybe where your metal pan meets the plastic ECU 'cup'?

Looks awesome man!

Nothing with ECU is altered. Mod does not work on lowered bird. 190/55 tire also is not usable. I have been working on a indented model to accommodate a 55 series tire though. However you lose flat bottom.
DSC_4967.JPG

DSC_4968.JPG

DSC_4969.JPG

Hey, great wee vid you made!
That is a great mod for storage you have there man, very decent of you to help out others that need help out on rides.
Years ago I was with a group ride and my throttle cable broke. They all just sailed off into the distance and I was stranded in the middle of nowhere.
I ended up cranking up the idle screw on the carbs to 3500rpm and made it home like that. Nice people they were. . . NOT!
That tool bag must alter the handling considering the weight of it, but I guess some people would carry 2 packs of beer in there anyway lol.
I like the Snap On bike lift you have, that would be uber-expensive here in NZ.
I bought a 17mm flank drive open end/ring spanner about 10 years ago and it was NZ$79.00. A whole set was around $800 from memory.
I have all the main metric sockets and ratchets in Snap On. Well worth it!
It's basically the Holy Grail of tools here in NZ lol.

Hey, great wee vid you made!
That is a great mod for storage you have there man, very decent of you to help out others that need help out on rides.
Years ago I was with a group ride and my throttle cable broke. They all just sailed off into the distance and I was stranded in the middle of nowhere.
I ended up cranking up the idle screw on the carbs to 3500rpm and made it home like that. Nice people they were. . . NOT!
That tool bag must alter the handling considering the weight of it, but I guess some people would carry 2 packs of beer in there anyway lol.
I like the Snap On bike lift you have, that would be uber-expensive here in NZ.
I bought a 17mm flank drive open end/ring spanner about 10 years ago and it was NZ$79.00. A whole set was around $800 from memory.
I have all the main metric sockets and ratchets in Snap On. Well worth it!
It's basically the Holy Grail of tools here in NZ lol.

Wheeltronics makes them for Snap On . I have many of their tools , but quit buying when they moved production to China about 8 years ago . The tool weight does not affect the feel , but full bags for touring are felt . Still drag a knee though if one cares to . Had you been with me I could of made you a new throttle cable in about 15 to 30 minutes .

OEM fender back on the bike with an extra brake light as a bonus! Now grannies on their grand marquis can see me better with the extra LED and my switchback LEDs on my turn signals.
F5902715-E1F0-4DD4-AE23-EE19AA7A3FC1.jpeg

0ED13FDF-2BE4-4CEB-9F33-92C0C5C7F0FA.jpeg

Man you got all that put in quiet quickly my friend . I'm very glad you like it . FYI the fender has now lived on 3 birds . My brothers 2015 , but he went to a Corbin fender . I damaged my original one so he gave me his stock one , and now yours ;) The poster also came from him but my son begged for it in his room . So it lived there for a few years till he left for the Marine Corps in July . He packed his stuff up , and put that poster in my tool box . I want to move with as little miscellaneous stuff as possible next year so figured you would love it .

Man you got all that put in quiet quickly my friend . I'm very glad you like it . FYI the fender has now lived on 3 birds . My brothers 2015 , but he went to a Corbin fender . I damaged my original one so he gave me his stock one , and now yours ;) The poster also came from him but my son begged for it in his room . So it lived there for a few years till he left for the Marine Corps in July . He packed his stuff up , and put that poster in my tool box . I want to move with as little miscellaneous stuff as possible next year so figured you would love it .
By now, I’m a pro at taking the fairings off this bike. Hahah! I sure love the poster. I’ll be putting it up on the wall tomorrow. The extra brake light is awesome and I’m happy to be the third owner of it. :-)

Reactions: c10
Back