Sensei Cush drive busings .

c10

Registered
So I installed these two years ago on my brother's bird. Pain in ass too. Bought a set for me before California trip to go with new tires. Well still a pain, but since I was at home the tool making came out in me.
I also repack the bearing every other tire change..
DSC_5061.JPG

DSC_5062.JPG

DSC_5065.JPG

DSC_5064.JPG

DSC_5063.JPG

I have a set to put in along with a 45T rear when I get around to installing new 190/50 Michelin Power RS and tossing the 200/55 and 47T rear,sounds like they're a pain in the ass(maybe I'll wait 'til Brian comes out this way next month:laugh:).

I can ship you the tool to borrow . 19 mm breaker bar and it is a easy job ;) I only did this as seems many members get stuck out with a bd cush drive . I was afraid with my upcoming trip of 4500 miles this might be a issue . However after seeing my stock units with 24,000 miles they were still fine as I guess even though I ride fast my light ass is not abusing them .

My stockers are probably fine since I only have 13K miles on them with no hard launches,etc.Have had these new ones collecting dust for the last 6 months or so so may as well put them in when I have the wheel off.

I can ship you the tool to borrow . 19 mm breaker bar and it is a easy job ;) I only did this as seems many members get stuck out with a bd cush drive . I was afraid with my upcoming trip of 4500 miles this might be a issue . However after seeing my stock units with 24,000 miles they were still fine as I guess even though I ride fast my light ass is not abusing them .

Thanks for the offer bro but not sure when I'll get around to it,may even have some all thread,etc. around here I can whip up a tool with to draw things together kind of like you did(great idea bro,think we should start calling you the "Professor" :super:).

So I installed these two years ago on my brother's bird. Pain in ass too. Bought a set for me before California trip to go with new tires. Well still a pain, but since I was at home the tool making came out in me.
I also repack the bearing every other tire change.. View attachment 1585463

View attachment 1585464

View attachment 1585465

View attachment 1585466

View attachment 1585467
1537644526011.png

Love the tool making skills man, very cool.
I had a used GSXR750M wheel lying around which pretty decent rubbers in it, so I used trhose to replace my slogged out Busa rubbers, exact same parts :banana:

Last edited:
How can you tell when they are going and is it transfering drive from rear sprocket to the rim?

It can feel like a bad chain, sprocket, bad wheel bearings, or even a slipping clutch. In car lingo it would be described as driveline snatch or having too much slack or play, most noticeable when hitting the gas hard. Taking a close look at them during a tire change you’ll see gouge marks in them or they can shrink up too. If they fall out they need replacing!:laugh:

Reactions: c10
I have a set to put in along with a 45T rear when I get around to installing new 190/50 Michelin Power RS and tossing the 200/55 and 47T rear,sounds like they're a pain in the ass(maybe I'll wait 'til Brian comes out this way next month:laugh:).
PJ What are your thoughts on the 200/55?

Oh okay I was wondering if the weight felt different like scrubing off power or something.
Thx for the response :thumbsup:

I posted a link on these way back when. I had a real time getting these on but then realized they have different sides. The sides of the fillers are sloped slightly. If these are put in wrong, it will try to spit the sprocket carrier out no mater how hard you squeeze it. Flip them over and they pull the sprocket carrier in, assembly is easy. (not sure the brand, got them from Schintz Racing).

When I changed these I only had 25 - 30K. Not a big difference but things just feel tighter in the drivetrain.

Last edited:
Back