Send some pos. thoughts or prayers.....

FL Knifemaker

Registered
I have good friend that's a helicopter rescue/EMT guy in NC. This might have been the worst weekend ever for motorcycle folks around the Deals Gap area. I know we have quite a few members there this weekend.

I'm not very good at rallying people in such a situation but, let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

sad.gif

Here's the first post regarding it from my knife forum:

yep, be careful fellas. just flew a guy out from a head-on with an embankment. he couldn't feel anything below his waste. next county over flew one from the "dragon's tail." pretty spring day + bike rally 2 counties over = motorcycle wrecks all over this part of the state. be safe guys, i would hate for our first meeting to be, "hello, my name is kevin. i will be your rescuer today.

I've asked Kevin to provide me with any details or insight he can provide. I'll post what I can ASAP.

those guys did have a point in my opinion. i dont think the dragon is much a place for a busa. i went there last year, with a fairly new tire (big chicken strips), well when i returned i didnt lean it over any farther. we did have very cold weather and only got to run the dragon twice. both times on it for me was pretty scary. also was only my first real year on a bike. so maybe my opinion doesnt matter and maybe i would think different if i were to go now. just thought i would share my experience there.

Hope everyone ends up okay...KillBoy says no fatalities. Be careful folks!

The Gap is no place for a Busa,way way too low and heavy. Horsepower at the gap can be a hinderance hell my R1 would spin coming out of turns if you werent careful.
__[/QUOTE]

The Gap is no place for Squids thats what...sorry but to the guys who wrecked because they were driving out of their limits then shame on them...lets hope they quite motorcycling before someone has to get killed.

Even though this is totally retarded and false Ill just play along...if the Busa dont belong @ Deal's Gap then the R1 sure as hell dont belong either.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113706064 -->

Man there worse than my motorcycle club when it comes to busa bashing
wink.gif
. Oh well maybe ill hit the gap and see whats up. Hey if you guys roll down be careful at least until you knock the cobwebs off your skills

Saying the R1 Doesnt belong on Deals Gap is crazy ( I know it was just a joke), but seriously, pretty much any one familiar with Busas knows that they are not really designed for cornering. It is a fact!! Yes, you can have a little fun in the corners, but it has to stop there. They can not and will not run with the R1's and the GSXR's and such in the corners.
And calling people squids because they have an accident really isnt right either ( in my opinion). I mean lets face it, we have all done something a little crazy and/or above our heads and capabilities at some time in our lives.
Not trying to start anything here, but just think we should all be "Looking out for each other", not bashing or being mean.
We are all enthusiasts and should help each other and remain a team/family for support of the sport of riding (ANY type).
JMHO

The Gap can be a dangerous place to ride if you don't respect it.  Lets all just hope that the guys that did wreck are ok.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113712967 -->

They can not and will not run with the R1's and the GSXR's and such in the corners.
Beg pardon? ?  
smile.gif
 I do agree everybody BELIEVE's that, but that does not mean it is true.  It just takes more work to get equal action.  Gotta be a man.  
biggrin.gif
Yep, there's way too much negative propaganda about the 'Busa.

Here's someone doing the impossible - LEANING a 'Busa!

<!--EDIT|DAB
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113711596 -->

IMG_4763.jpg

Saying the R1 Doesnt belong on Deals Gap is crazy ( I know it was just a joke), but seriously, pretty much any one familiar with Busas knows that they are not really designed for cornering. It is a fact!! Yes, you can have a little fun in the corners, but it has to stop there. They can not and will not run with the R1's and the GSXR's and such in the corners.
And calling people squids because they have an accident really isnt right either ( in my opinion). I mean lets face it, we have all done something a little crazy and/or above our heads and capabilities at some time in our lives.
Not trying to start anything here, but just think we should all be "Looking out for each other", not bashing or being mean.
We are all enthusiasts and should help each other and remain a team/family for support of the sport of riding (ANY type).
JMHO
blah blah blah
drooling3.gif

You dont have to like what I said, its my opinion , not yours. I dont feel sorry or anyone who makes a stupid mistake , including myself.

Those of us that have been riding a long time have all ridden with individuals that consistently ride above thier head. Many times, we have watched that same person fall. Not fun.

On the same note we'll all admit, (if wer'e honest) that even if we haven't been down, there have been times we could have fallen. We all push the envelope. I know I do! How many times have we blown a blind right hander and been lucky enough NOT to meet an oncoming car? I did, 2 yrs ago on Lolo pass. Scared the #### out of me. I blew a right hander 18 yrs ago, but luckily I had some gravel run-out to gather it in before dropping my prized Seca 550.

Let's face it, a large dose of common sense is needed to stay alive riding any of todays sportbikes. Working with the public as I do, I am constantly reminded how many people have none. Some of those no-common-sense-havin' folks are riding on 2 wheels! Can you say ORGAN DONOR?

The bottom line is a motorcycle is like a handgun. It is an awesome tool in the hands of someone with common sense and a respect for it's abilities. Use your head or you kill yourself or someone else.

As far as the busa not being a "handling" motorcycle. Well, that statement obviously comes from someone much younger than I. I cut my teeth on a '73 CB750. First bike, age 16. Dropped it twice. Yea, it was a pig, as was the '78 yamaha 650 twin. The '81 Seca 550 however, was the ticket. I would routinely pass my riding buds pegs grinding and sparks flying while they were on late '80's liter bikes. There is no doubt that with equal riders, a "pure" sportbike will out corner a busa. They are more flickable and a lot lighter. But I don't live on a racetrack. I ride on the street. And when the r1 rider has to stop to rub his sore butt, I'll be parked next to him, just laughin'
biggrin.gif

Sorry, that was more than .02, but I tend to ramble...

Ride safe, ride fast, use your friggin head.
Mark

Back