Send A Card To Our Troops

MPH 200

Donating Member
Registered
Xerox is sponsering a card-drive for our troops... click a link, pick a card & enter a message (or select a pre-written message). Xerox will then print & mail the card to an active-duty troop stationed overseas.

May be a little cheesy, but it's an easy way to thank someone for their sacrifices, and I'm sure when you're a few thousand miles from home, stuck in the middle of a dessert being shot at, the gesture will be appreciated.

Here's the site - they've got a FAQ section that explains a lot more, but I've pasted the ones I was interested in below:

http://www.letssaythanks.com

Q: What is Let's Say Thanks?
A: To honor U.S. military personnel and increase community morale, Xerox Corporation has created Let's Say Thanks, a national program designed to deliver millions of cards to servicemen and women overseas with messages of support from home.

Q: Who will my postcard be going to? Can I send a message to a specific person?
A: Postcards sent through LetsSayThanks.com will be delivered to men and women from all military branches deployed on active duty around the globe - including Iraq, Afghanistan and Asia. If you would like to mail a postcard to a relative or personal friend, downloadable files are available of each design for you to send on your own.

Q: How long will it take for my postcard to reach the troops?
A: Postcards personalized using LetsSayThanks.com will be printed in batches on an ongoing basis, then bundled and sent along with care packages from Give2TheTroops®. Because of the variables in printing and distributing the postcards to various locations around the globe, we cannot give a precise timeframe.

bowdown.gif

Awesome. I still feel as if a card just isnt enough, and words cannot express the debt I feel we owe these folks, but its a start.

Back