Semi-new owner with a few maintenance Q's

Welcome to the board.

In my opinion, if you plan on storing it in your basement (which I think is a cool idea if done right) I would set up a winch system.

I prefer to try and do everything myself (I.E. I load my Busa on to my truck myself, I load it onto my trailer myself etc.etc.)

Just my thought is:

a) If I screw up, I have no one to blame but myself

b) You have more of chance of screwing up and dropping the bike if you have three separate people trying to work together as one to move something.

If you have a winch solidly bolted to a sturdy structure, you should be able to ease it down a ramp with no problem, and with an electric winch you can winch it back up yourself with no problem.

As far as storing the bike for winter? sorry I live in California about an hour from the coast, unless Hell freezes over I will never have a need to store my Busa for a winter.
biggrin.gif

Just my .02

At the moment, the bike is on stands, covered up w/ a fresh oil change and full tank of gas (with fuel stabilizer), and that's where it'll likely stay. I could get it down the stairs without much trouble, but in the garage it'll be readily available for a ride on those few warm early spring days... which can't come soon enough.

Ugh, it's still December...
tounge.gif
It's currently well below freezing, and the antifreeze is still liquid, so that's all set. Do any of you guys fill the engine with oil right up to the top as the manual states? I've yet to do this so I can still take it out for a spin every so often.

Back