Selling stuff on Craigs List?....

tracks

Banned
I am selling my 600 Kawasaki on crags list.

Never sold anything on crags list before.
What are some of the things you have to watch out for?
Is it best to meet in a public place?

I don't want anyone coming to my house and the next day wake up to one of my bikes missing.
I have heard a lot of bad things happen on crags list and I don't want to become a victim.

I buy and sell all the time on Craigslist. I've been called a junkie... :laugh:

You can get a very good sense of what you are getting into by talking to the prospective buyer/seller on the phone. You can email all day long, but actually talking to someone will allow you to "judge" their character. Then you'll know whether or not you want to meet at your house, in public, or maybe even not at all..

Whatever you do, NO TEST RIDES WITHOUT CASH IN HAND!!!!

:beerchug:

I sell alot of phones on craigslist and haven't had any problems, make sure you meet at a public place, I always carry my piece just in case!

Sent from my busa!

I'm with Ez. When dealing with CL ppl I always carry at least my 9. I have sold a few vehicles and bought quite a bit (including my busa) from the site. Just be wary and cautious. If something doesn't feel right it probably isn't. Also, be prepared for this call at least 100 times:
You: hello
Caller: I was calling about the bike
You: yes I still have it
Caller: what's the absolute least you will take for it.
You: I could go to $xxxx
Caller: how about much less.

Then you never hear from them again. Almost like they get a rush from just talking you off your asking price with no real intent to buy what your selling.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, Yes i think it is better to meet in a public place. Since I don't have a pistol i think i might bring my tazer gun and wath him flop around like a fish if he tries anything funny:laugh:

Let's see a few pics of the bike for sale? I may be able to help you get rid of it.
Where are you located? Feel free to slip in a free Busa pic of yours ifn u wanna :poke:

:)

Thanks guys, Yes i think it is better to meet in a public place. Since I don't have a pistol i think i might bring my tazer gun and wath him flop around like a fish if he tries anything funny:laugh:
50.000 volts of electricity

Anything I sell on Craigslist I meet the person somewhere besides my home and I am armed as usual.
Cash sales only no payment I dont tote the note nor take a check. Anything besides these few words of advice and your chances increase for a bad sale.

Years ago when craigslist was becoming popular it was a great place to buy/sell stuff. Unfortunately anymore its gotten bad.....even in my smaller area :banghead: I was just selling bolt-ons off my busa a while back and I was getting nothing but scammers. Most all the ads now contain some warning from the seller about not being hassled by scammers. Its pretty sad.

And meet them in a public place, cash only in you're hand before test ride, watch if they try and follow you home, and def take some protection. Personally the only test rides on my bike are behind me. A clumsy throttle jockey can do plenty of damage to your bike mechanically without crashing it. Nobody rides my bikes but me unless the title changes hands :laugh:

And be prepared for lots of lookey-loo's, dreamers, and tire kickers...especially with higher profile bikes like busa's........in fact some guys will call just to talk about the bike.
Selling can be a time absorbing pita sometimes...I never look forward to it :whistle:

Back