Self cancelling turn signals

djpierce

Registered
Just trying to find out if anyone has been succesful installing a self cancelling turn signal assembly.  Could not find when I did a search.  Asking for too much?

I purchased the Signal Minder from Kisan Technology. Fairly simple install. Came with good directions. Only have to cut one wire. It allows you to also make your turn signals into running lights with two levels of brightness. You can order it through most local bike shops. www.kisantech.com

Hope this helps.

I purchased the Signal Minder from Kisan Technology. Fairly simple install. Came with good directions. Only have to cut one wire. It allows you to also make your turn signals into running lights with two levels of brightness. You can order it through most local bike shops. www.kisantech.com

Hope this helps.
Doesn't it also allow you to use the turn signals simultaneously as "hazard flashers"?
rock.gif

No hazard light option for the Hayabusa. There are some models of the Signal Minder that can do that. But not the one for the Hayabusa. Here is a link to it for more information. Signal Minder link

Just installed the Kinsan signalminder with running lamps and brake flash.
Set for 20seconds, then they cancel
All turn signals are now running lamps.
Brake light and rear turn signals flash then go steady burn with brakes
Nice set up but has a few drawbacks.
When timer ends you have to push turn signal cancel to reset the timer.
4 ways start the timer, so if you need them they will cancel when timer ends.
Turn signals will not work if you leave four way flasher button on.
I don't see this as a big problem.......brake light stops the timer. If i needed the 4 ways just put something on the front brake lever to turn on the rear brake and stop the timer.

Just installed the Kinsan signalminder with running lamps and brake flash.
Set for 20seconds, then they cancel
All turn signals are now running lamps.
Brake light and rear turn signals flash then go steady burn with brakes
Nice set up but has a few drawbacks.
When timer ends you have to push turn signal cancel to reset the timer.
4 ways start the timer, so if you need them they will cancel when timer ends.
Turn signals will not work if you leave four way flasher button on.
I don't see this as a big problem.......brake light stops the timer. If i needed the 4 ways just put something on the front brake lever to turn on the rear brake and stop the timer.
IF you are running all T/S lights as "running" lights, you may want to consider converting them to LED... I smoked a set of rear T/S housings like this.. The conventional bulbs generated to much heat for the itty bitty housings to dissipate

Signal Dynamics also makes all those modules. (Kisan's coke-pepsi competitor) http://www.signaldynamics.com/

Little sidebar, I've used these modules for years but with my undertail on the Busa, the module that turns the turn signals into running lights, the aftermarket undertail wasn't designed to have the bulbs on all the time & kept melting the turn signal housing thingy. Finally just removed the module. Work just fine if you have stock turn signals though.

There are several variations of these modules, Back Off, Brake Hold, Wig-Wag, etc. They all do different stuff, just go with one that works.
thumb_up.gif

I'm also a huge fan of the Headlight Modulator, which both these companies make (I've used both).

click here on the linky
minder brakes[/url]

This is my gen two with the brake and turns hooked up, they say one wire to cut, this is true. However it is not a one wire hookup.......if you do the entire set up you have to hookup 6 wires. I soldered the ones they give you T-taps to use. T-taps will fail when your the furthest distance from home.

I found all the wires under the top left fairing panel near the fuse block ...in four different locations.... you need the 1 left and 2 right turn signal wires........an 3 ignition only hot........a 4 brake light hot when activated and a 5 blue wire....instructions are good here, they give you the pin location on the factory flasher relay. It sounds like a nightmare.....not hard if anyone wants help .... i took pics of all the wires .... WARNING... I AM NOT A PHOTOGRAPHER ....CANT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE PICS..... If there is enough interest I will do a powerpoint of the entire process..... again i am no expert..... only want to make it easier for some one else.......i think it looks great and it is a big safety issue........leaving a turn signal on can lead some cagers to believe you intend to turn and they may pull out in front of you. Why they dont address this at the factory...........the number one causation of car motorcycle collisions is the car violating the motorcycles right of way..................

Last edited by a moderator:
Signal Dynamics also makes all those modules. (Kisan's coke-pepsi competitor) http://www.signaldynamics.com/

Little sidebar, I've used these modules for years but with my undertail on the Busa, the module that turns the turn signals into running lights, the aftermarket undertail wasn't designed to have the bulbs on all the time & kept melting the turn signal housing thingy. Finally just removed the module. Work just fine if you have stock turn signals though.

There are several variations of these modules, Back Off, Brake Hold, Wig-Wag, etc. They all do different stuff, just go with one that works.
thumb_up.gif

I'm also a huge fan of the Headlight Modulator, which both these companies make (I've used both).

I'm interested in Signal Dynamics' PentaStar XP but it requires individual momentary switch which means I can no longer using stock switch or can I just piggy back on it as long as I don't use the stock switch? Do you know if the toggle (center off) switch would work so that I only use a single switch instead (perhaps I can replace this with the stock switch). Thanks.

Makes me appreciate the old-fashioned push-and-hold turn signal switches on my Harley. I hated them when I first got the bike, but you never leave them on by mistake!

I never had a problem with forgetting to turn them off until the busa. Every other bike I've had I could see them and so I never left them on but the busa's windscreen obstructs my view of the dash indicaters so I forget to turn them off all the time. Maybe once I get the double bubble on there so I can see when they're flashing.???

Someone told me to add 2 springs to stock turn signal switch so that it acts as momentary switch so that you can install self-canceling signal module. Has someone tried this before? Is there a straight fit aftermarket momentary switch that I can just replace the stock switch without modifying the housing?

I never had a problem with forgetting to turn them off until the busa. Every other bike I've had I could see them and so I never left them on but the busa's windscreen obstructs my view of the dash indicaters so I forget to turn them off all the time. Maybe once I get the double bubble on there so I can see when they're flashing.???

heres what i did get 2 of those tiny liscense plate led's drille 2 holes in your top triple clamp hook one up to your left turn and one to your right , they will annoy you and you wont ever leave them on again

Back