Seen the Geico M/C Ins ads on TV?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Seen it a few times now, background music playing is ZZ Top. It just struck me odd that a company advertising that they (insure) motorcycles would show three non descript cruisers riding three abreast, not once but twice (and) they show the inside rider and outside rider (passing) the center rider not only on a straightaway but on a corner too! Imagine explaining to your Ins agent, or a cop, that the reason you crashed was that you were not only riding three abreast in one traffic lane, but you and another rider were passing the center bike...

Seen it a few times now, background music playing is ZZ Top. It just struck me odd that a company advertising that they (insure) motorcycles would show three non descript cruisers riding three abreast, not once but twice (and) they show the inside rider and outside rider (passing) the center rider not only on a straightaway but on a corner too! Imagine explaining to your Ins agent, or a cop, that the reason you crashed was that you were not only riding three abreast in one traffic lane, but you and another rider were passing the center bike...

Looks like the last guy to park his bike at the end has trouble finding his kickstand and getting it down in a timely manner too. I suppose they were trying to go for the "cool biker" look, but to a biker, the whole thing looked pretty stupid. Maybe they're marketing to people that don't own bikes yet?

Geico is a scam! called once on their "15% BS" and I was quoted 50% higher...... I LOL at the woman on the phone. wat an absolute joke that company is and every criminal I stop in my city has Geico. I guess they cater to high risk drivers which is why my quote was literally DOUBLE wat I pay with Amica smh.

never had a ticket or accident and own my house. total scam!

Geico is a scam! called once on their "15% BS" and I was quoted 50% higher...... I LOL at the woman on the phone. wat an absolute joke that company is and every criminal I stop in my city has Geico. I guess they cater to high risk drivers which is why my quote was literally DOUBLE wat I pay with Amica smh.

never had a ticket or accident and own my house. total scam!

A few years back I spent 15 minutes with Geico on the phone with my current policy in hand. No matter how they calculated, my company, Nationwide, was cheaper. The guy said if they could beat everyone's premium there would only be one insurance company.

Yeah - in part because the hayabusa is expensive and I got full coverage, and in part because you can insure a DR650 with pocket change :)

Yeah - in part because the hayabusa is expensive and I got full coverage, and in part because you can insure a DR650 with pocket change :)

Still in shock, even without your premium amount mentioned I got my policy out. I pay $346.39 a year for full coverage on my 06 which is just $28.86 a month and believe it or not, just $74 a year for full coverage on my 1979 Honda CBX. That includes uninsured and underinsured motorists, everything. Now I do have $1,000 deductibles but I do because its cheaper. So I gamble a bit but in a total I'm out a grand instead of $250. The Honda also has an agreed payoff amount if stolen or totaled that I've agreed to. I'm pretty old, have a perfect record and also have my car insured with Nationwide, but maybe you should shop around.

ZZtop commercial appeals to the riding and staying anywhere overnight. Small trailer sure better then a sleeping bag and mat in the weeds.

Top 10 Most Expensive Motorcycles To Insure

Number one most expensive motorcycle to insure (according to motorcycle.com) The HAYABUSA!

It's true. I pay almost 17X more than for my DR650, lol, and I've never had a ticket or been in an accident!

That's BS
My gen2 Busa was around $80 a month full coverage with Progressive(cheapest of anyone for me), for 11 months a year.
A GSXR1K, even 4 or 5 years old was $160 to $180 a month!!! WTF!
Busa is "Sport Touring", GSXR is "Sport".

Oh, and I'm 38, married, have good credit, no tickets in over a dozen years, a MC licencse, and a Class A CDL.
Insurance is the reason I have yet to buy another GSXR1K...and the reason I sold my last one.
I HATE insurance companies!!!!

A few years back I spent 15 minutes with Geico on the phone with my current policy in hand. No matter how they calculated, my company, Nationwide, was cheaper. The guy said if they could beat everyone's premium there would only be one insurance company.
beat everyone? wen ur rates are 50% higher then wat I'm currently paying their not beating anyone....

My brother saved a bunch by switching FROM geico.

I pay 83 a month for bike a truck and a car.

No matter where I look the hayabusa cost $50 a month.

That's BS
My gen2 Busa was around $80 a month full coverage with Progressive(cheapest of anyone for me), for 11 months a year.
A GSXR1K, even 4 or 5 years old was $160 to $180 a month!!! WTF!
Busa is "Sport Touring", GSXR is "Sport".

Oh, and I'm 38, married, have good credit, no tickets in over a dozen years, a MC licencse, and a Class A CDL.
Insurance is the reason I have yet to buy another GSXR1K...and the reason I sold my last one.
I HATE insurance companies!!!!

If you mean it's BS as in that's a huge ripoff, I agree. If you mean that's BS as if I'm lying, here is my coverage and cost from Progressive (first number is 2014 Hayabusa, second is 07 DR650SE):

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $88.00 $12.00
BI $30,000 EACH PERSON - $60,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $25,000 EACH ACCIDENT
UNINSURED/UNDERINSURED MOTORIST BODILY INJURY $155.00 $30.00
$30,000 EACH PERSON - $60,000 EACH ACCIDENT
COMPREHENSIVE $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE $486.00 $22.00
COLLISION $1,000 DEDUCTIBLE $1,038.00 $21.00
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE $10.00 $10.00
UNINSURED MOTORIST PROPERTY DAMAGE - REJECTED
PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION - REJECTED
Premium by Vehicle $1,777.00 $95.00
Automobile Burglary/Theft Prevention Fee $4.00 (Hayabusa only - DR doesn't have this fee)

I'm 39, married, own my home, have several other cars on the policy, have a $1000 deductible, haven't had a ticket since 2004 (and it was innocent - first time on a country road, going 45 in a 35 - never saw the sign) and I just checked with Experian which says my credit score is 817. I'm perhaps getting screwed it sounds like? I shopped around with GEICO but didn't bother calling a ton of different companies. You guys are getting this coverage for less than 1K/yr? I went full out since I moved from Alaska (low risk of theft) to Texas (I worry about it more), but collision is the big expense.

**Edit - I dropped the collision and it's down to $743/yr so about $62/month. You guys have collision on your policies?**

Back