Seen at a local early voting station today

Wrong. It was an observation. A black woman in a predominately black polling station with black poll workers. The facts are the facts.

However, since you've decided to push it into that direction, I will respond. Of course race is an issue in this election, or Obama with his record couldn't get re-elected dogcatcher. in fact, I'd be willing to state the obvious, that race is a HUGE issue in the support of a large part of the black community for Obama. To deny otherwise is to oooh and aaaah and admire the emperor's clothes when he's buck freakin nekkid...

I don't call a fellow white man an 'uncle tom' or a 'discredit to his race' if he votes for a man of color, but a lot of black people voting conservative this cycle have been called that or worse. In fact, I'd have no problem voting for a black conservative man OR woman. You see, it's not the color of his skin...

But it's not; we are a Republic not a Democracy....:laugh:

In fact, I'd have no problem voting for a black conservative man OR woman. You see, it's not the color of his skin...
yea...ok:laugh:

Forget the political aspect of it. I don't need anybody yelling at me anywhere I go unless it's part of the experience (such as a sporting event). You can claim free speech all ya want, but in a public place not designated for a given behavior, you're right to make an unusual level of noise ends where everybody else's ears begin.

As an analogy, if this individual decided to blare thier favorite song at the voting booth, it would be unacceptable as a matter or courtesy to others. Because their making a noise that has political relevance doesn't change the fact that it's noise.

Furthermore, solicitation of any kind is prohibited in MANY pulic and private facilities because it's ANNOYING to the average citizen. Again, regardless of the content, this behavior is not welcomed by most and therefore, out of courtesy for the public, it shouldn't be tolerated.

Just like it's ABSOLUTELY unacceptable when some out of control kid with parents that allow the child to run wild winds up "balling" some innocent bystander or tripping up a senior citizen or chasing a terrified pet. Just because it's a "cute little kid that's just playing and means no harm" doesn't mean that everybody else should have to give up their rights to accommodate bad parenting and a child that hasn't been taught how to behave with respect and consideration for others.

Apply the Golden Rule and everything works just fine most of the time. Anybody yelling out like that at the voting booths (or in a grocery store, or a library, or a restaurant, etc) is thinking of themselves and what they want and has failed to be considerate of those around them.

You don't know me, so don't insinuate you do.

Your right I don't know you. My only perception of a person on this site is what I read from the things they write. I do agree with you about it not being right that this black women was trying to force her views on everyone else but just suppose " I" would have started this thread and everywhere you had "black" I had put "white". How would your perception of me be? "This guy may not like whites". Your buddys on here were not going to say anything because I'm sure they share your views. Only Vabs spoke up and said something. This could have been a constuctive post but you made it a racial issue. What was the purpose of this post? Legal issue? Racial issue? Moral issue? It could have been constructive but was written to be destructive. Thats all I got. Have a glorious day.

Back