Seems as if i've just lost interest all together

sweet tea man

Registered
for some reason i just havent had a single urge to get on the bike and go ride. for a month the bike has sat on stands in my living room. actually a month and a half if you dont count the quick trip to my grandmothers a few weeks ago.

anyone seem to go through this? I dont know if its just the heat down here or what.

Nothing to worry about. Ride for enough years, and this is sure to happen :laugh:

Ride when you want to, just don't force yourself to do it.

Don't feed bad it dose happen. You just need a break from each other, just don't see other people. LOL. When it's time to ride again it will be bliss. After my 3k mile trip last month me and my busa needed a break from each other, can't wait for the "make up" ride!! :laugh:

Your not the only one. The heat and the fact that it thunderstorms every freakkin day now dont make me want to ride. Me and the wife did a short 120 mile ride yesterday to AL. First time on the bike in almost 2 1/2 weeks.
It felt great to ride again but now watchin the weather, I'm like, why bother?

It probably doesn't help that she's sitting in your living room doing nothing.

It's hot here in Phoenix, also...but if it wasn't I'd be out there, somewhere, spanking some asphalt.

I've never heard of this phenomenon...but I'll surely be on the look out.

It's probably just a phase you're going through. :beerchug:

It'll be all right.

Im in the same boat. Ive road the bike to work 1 time in the past 3 months. Thats it. No real desire to ride anymore. Even when friends invite me on a ride I don't go. I think since I started skydiving, riding the motorcycle just don't offer the same thrill as before. Im sure i'll pick it back up one day though. Im jut fickle like that.

Last edited:
Maybe start a project on the bike? Like some mods? That might get you excited to ride and when the weather is right, you'll be ready...

:beerchug:

I haven't ridden my bike since I came back from TN the roads here in FL no longer give me the smile they used too. Haven't turned it on or even cleaned it since I came back. :( Thats nearly two weeks without riding or even wanting to ride it.

Last edited:
Don't feel too bad. My 2005 is like new and has 2164 miles on it. Of course the Wyoming weather does not help! Actually I am thinking about getting a Gen 2 2009 but I do not know if I can justify it.

after many years of riding i ive never felt this way...its maybe the socal weather:thumbsup: I even ride in the rain without minding it anymore....im just used to bikes and not cars, i hate being in my truck

Last edited:
Take em to the drag strip, and flogg the hell out um. I never ride the busa on the street. I ride the vtx on the street, the busa is just way to much temptation for me to ride like a fool. Slam it, stretch it, take muffler off, and head for your local drag strip:thumbsup:

for some reason i just havent had a single urge to get on the bike and go ride. for a month the bike has sat on stands in my living room. actually a month and a half if you dont count the quick trip to my grandmothers a few weeks ago.

anyone seem to go through this? I dont know if its just the heat down here or what.

Here is my best suggestion.

Go find a friend with a Ninja 250 and ask him to swap with you for a week, and ride the Ninja every day.

You will no longer have these symptoms and will be completely cured from this ailment!

Or, Just swap with any other bike and you will get the same results!

Trust me, I'm a Doctor!:laugh:

Bubba, Dr. Hoon

It's the heat. I ride less in July and August than any other months. Atleast when most everyone else is winterizing their bikes we can break in new tires.:beerchug:

i'll get that way after a long trip but it is usually over after about 3 or 4 days and i'm ready to go again...just do what feels right for you...if i was going to suggest something, find a new destination so the trip isn't just about the ride but also gives you something to look forward to on the other end...hopefully, you will fall back in love with her along the way :beerchug:

For me its the fact that it is SO FREAKIN HOT!! :hot:

I'd love to ride.. but the boat and the lake have been winning out... come on FALL!!

Here is my best suggestion.

Go find a friend with a Ninja 250 and ask him to swap with you for a week, and ride the Ninja every day.

I like that idea!

Only one problem. Chances are the owner is of less skill than you and a bit of a liability.................still drastic times drastic measures eh?

Not good to ride when your not feelin it ... one needs to be focused when riding the King of Sportbikes.

I got like this a little bit. I rode it everywhere but it wasn't the same.. Just around town rides. Then I met up with LA Busa and some other people and found new roads to ride on and a group that knows "how" to ride. now I can't wait for every sunday morning!

Back