Seems a bit suspicious...

Just sent the seller a message...

Hi,
I'm looking for a frame to use on a drag bike project.

Is this a new frame? Was it part of a complete bike before or was it bought as a stand-alone part. The VIN was not in your listing, could you please share that with me?

Thanks

We'll see what happens...???

Seller info:

B&E Cycles

16596 Greenscorner Rd, Culpeper, VA 22701

540-522-7611

Here's the reply so far. Sounds ok, but we will see if I actually get a VIN.

Frame from a brand new bike. I have that title in hand never been titled before. I own b&E motors and specialize in bikes and parts. I can get you the vin# when I get into work tomorrow. Perfect to build a drag bike. Keep in mind I also have rollers as well. Has everything but motor, ecu, exhaust, rear shock and tailights. The bike was a whole and has been taken down into parts for sale. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks

I've had my eye on that. Posted the morning my bike was stolen. See if he produces a VIN. I was going to forward the link to my PD.

Ok so if its a brand new bike never been titled... Why are they stripping it down and parting it out?? Sounds suspicious but what do I know

Not saying that's what this, but don't some of the companies that make the T-Rex's etc buy new bikes, take the motors, and sell the rest?

New bikes get parted out. Hopefully it's not stolen, but if it is then I'm happy for the victim

Ok so if its a brand new bike never been titled... Why are they stripping it down and parting it out?? Sounds suspicious but what do I know

Honda East actually does it all the time with brand new dirt bikes and ATV's when we have a bunch of left over's from previous years. Good money can be made that way

What if a bike had enough crate damage to be totaled? Could the dealer get an insurance settlement and sell it for parts?

What if a bike had enough crate damage to be totaled? Could the dealer get an insurance settlement and sell it for parts?

I'm not quite sure on that one. Seems like it's possible or the manufacturer would just take the bike back and send a new one

The Org has become a university. Im learning something new everyday. I truly thought if its new why would you part it out but I guess it makes sence now that you guys explained it.

I'm not quite sure on that one. Seems like it's possible or the manufacturer would just take the bike back and send a new one

If I were Suzuki, I'd just offer the dealer a discount on the bike, cut my losses and move on. From a manufacturer's perspective, that makes a lot more sense than losing a sale, handling return shipping, then having to dispose of the damaged bike, which I'm probably not set up to do in the first place.

The Org has become a university. Im learning something new everyday. I truly thought if its new why would you part it out but I guess it makes sence now that you guys explained it.

Pretty crazy to think but we actually make more money parting brand new machines out. We can then offer those parts at a much cheaper price than we normally could by selling them over the counter. It's a win/win for everyone

Pretty crazy to think but we actually make more money parting brand new machines out. We can then offer those parts at a much cheaper price than we normally could by selling them over the counter. It's a win/win for everyone

110% True story, to build just about any bike in parts you could end up 40-50% over the MSRP depending on the market. 0 or low mile motors are nearly priceless as you can't ring Suzuki and get a new complete motor.

Any part taken off a complete bike is still used IMO, testing, assembly, and assembly marks, not to mention the initial purchase. All sounds used to me. :whistle:

Looks legit to Me././he actually has alot of new take off parts cheap!!!!

They build T-rexs ect with the car kits,,there's was supposdly 50 New busa rollers floating around for sale!!..wanted to get one Myself instead of paying 12k!!!!!

Back