Seeking wisdom oh wise ones

Wolfman

Registered
Ok guys. This may belong in an already existing topic (I don't know) and I am sorry if I end up just beating a dead horse. But I am ready to start speeding up my busa and I already have Yosh Rs-3 bolt ons and was about to put on a K&N. But I read on one of these posts that I will lose torque from putting on a K&N. I want more power but I don't want to lose any torque. So I was wondering if I just misunderstood what I was reading or if I will actually lose torque. Thanks for the help guys.

I've never heard that bu ti'm not a mech. . Send a PM to Goldenchild or JohnnyCheese

Ive heard ya get gains and losses of torque depending on application
wink.gif
 however it was very minimal

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140065988 -->

I've heard that you will actually lose air flow with a K&N vs stock. I'd stay with stock or go with a BMC race filter.

I had D&D bolt ons which by them selves were fine, I then a few weeks later added a K&N and the bike felt like it was falling on it's face and all the sudden I had a whole lot of carbon buildup on the pipes outlet. Now a power commander fixed this but I would recommend going full system with a race filter with a pc. Save the money and do it once.

Where can I find the D&D filters. I have never heard of them. A minimal loss at all is too big of a loss when it comes to torque with me. I am more concerned with drag racing and I really don't want to lose torque. I have tons of knowledge when it comes to building cars. I had a high horsepower twin turbo RX-7 that was awesome. But I am clueless when it comes to building a bike. So I am needing all the advice that you guys are willing to give.

If you want some power....you need to get a full after market exhaust system, Powecommander, and a BMC air filter
wink.gif

Bolt ons are a waste of money...you only get a better sound there is no noticable power increase....on a dyno they MIGHT show a 1 or 2 HP increase
sad.gif

With only bolt ons and a air filter, the bike might run too lean...that is the loss of torque....basically now the bike needs a Powercommander to run right.

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140114204 -->

The bike had the bolt ons when I bought it. I haven't touched the bike yet. So I am not out any money if I get a new exhaust. So the BMC filter is better than K&N? I was planning on getting a power commanderIII. With that I can remap it once I change exhausts right? D&D = exausts. Got it ;) With the exhaust I was thinking about TiForce. It is pretty light and gives good power if their claims are right. Thanks for the help guys.

BMC makes a good filter. Better than K&N but the Stock ones are very good too.

I been tryin to talk the little woman into some D&Ds
wink.gif

Back