Seeking advice on a Track bike I'm considering

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I'm a new Busa owner and decided that I'd rather get something else for the track. I LOVE the Busa and it's too pretty to ride it like I want to on a track...I'm sure it would inhibit me from they type of track riding I'm after. If I went down..I'd be devastated..:banghead:

I found this on Ebay...and want some opinions on what the riders here think. My main concern is the "renthal clipons (bars are moto D after lowside)" part of the description. Would this be considered a track worthy upgrade..or a cheap way to get out of replacing the original?

Aside from that..it seems to have a lot of decent upgrades and the mileage isn't bad at all. What do you think about the price?

I know it looks a little rough...but this would be a track only bike that will probably see it's share of scrapes and scuffs anyway. Thanks a lot!

Suzuki : GSX-R in Suzuki | eBay Motorcycles

Overall the bike does not look too bad. Seems like a decent deal. Extras are always good. Im more interested in the supra in the background. :laugh:

Look on sport bike track time forum. They always have setup track bikes for sale. I don't think its a bad deal because almost all track bikes have a little rash. As long as the frame and swingarm stuff like that are good then I would look at it. Has a lot of extras already on it.

A lot of track guys around here are down sizing to the 250s and loving it. Out local track is pretty tight though. If I were getting back into track ridding I would definay give the 250 a look but wouldn't go any bigger than a 600. My thinking on this is its lighter, a shorter wheel base and more forgiving. If you look at most your local track there are some fast guys on big bikes but their are also guys on smaller bike giving them a good race and e en beating up on them.

Have your ever ridden track before? I know a lot of guys like to ride them SV 650's on the track. There's a ton of mods and upgrades you can do to them and you can buy 1 relatively cheap. Just another option to consider if the bidding gets outta hand on that bike. That gsxr does have a ton of nice aftermarket upgrades on it and the guy has great feedback so more than likely it won't be junk but you never know.... :whistle:

Have your ever ridden track before? I know a lot of guys like to ride them SV 650's on the track. There's a ton of mods and upgrades you can do to them and you can buy 1 relatively cheap. Just another option to consider if the bidding gets outta hand on that bike. That gsxr does have a ton of nice aftermarket upgrades on it and the guy has great feedback so more than likely it won't be junk but you never know.... :whistle:

Yes..I rode some on a gsxr750..loved it. I like the 750 because it's about the same size and weight as the 600...but with a few more ponies..and the reviews are really solid. Thinking about an R6 too...we'll see. I wonder if I could put the BST rims from my Busa on a 750? That would be sweet..

A lot of track guys around here are down sizing to the 250s and loving it. Out local track is pretty tight though. If I were getting back into track ridding I would definay give the 250 a look but wouldn't go any bigger than a 600. My thinking on this is its lighter, a shorter wheel base and more forgiving. If you look at most your local track there are some fast guys on big bikes but their are also guys on smaller bike giving them a good race and e en beating up on them.

I remember chasing a 250 around the track once..it was a riot. He'd get me on the corners...I'd blow by on the straights..lol

Back