See where kiwi lives.

Just watched a show called "Drain the Oceans" and it featured New Zealand and the huge underwater avalanche that occurred long ago and how they figure it is due to re-occur in the near future creating a ginormous Tsunami...pretty scary stuff....

Just watched a show called "Drain the Oceans" and it featured New Zealand and the huge underwater avalanche that occurred long ago and how they figure it is due to re-occur in the near future creating a ginormous Tsunami...pretty scary stuff....
Yeah . . . aren't we Kiwis lucky?
Just getting over a huge earthquake disaster with over 15000 quakes since 2011, now you're telling me we are in for a TSUNAMI???

Can I come hang out at your place for the next 2000 years?
Please?
Oh wait . . . it's freezing old Canada ain't it?
Nah . . . think I'll hit up Wuzza . . he's in dry and warm Cali :rolleyes:

Yeah . . . aren't we Kiwis lucky?
Just getting over a huge earthquake disaster with over 15000 quakes since 2011, now you're telling me we are in for a TSUNAMI???

Can I come hang out at your place for the next 2000 years?
Please?
Oh wait . . . it's freezing old Canada ain't it?
Nah . . . think I'll hit up Wuzza . . he's in dry and warm Cali :rolleyes:
New York will be dry and warm in about 2 months!!

Mr Kiwi, you sir are always welcome. I’m in search of an assistant manager so you can fill that role and bust the mechanics balls all day long lol.
8? Really hmm I thought it was less :lol:
Sometimes feels that way. This summer is going to be my first summer in 2 years with a bike again so I really cant wait.

Mr Kiwi, you sir are always welcome. I’m in search of an assistant manager so you can fill that role and bust the mechanics balls all day long lol.
So what's the pay like?
Bed and breakfast will do, just be fun ripping out a new one for all those lazy ass mechanics you have there lmao!
I hear green cards are like rocking horse sh*t to get in the States for foreigners like me . . . . although I could just dress up in a sombrero and poncho and ride in on a donkey and no-one (immigration) would even look twice at me.
Yeah man, you're gonna have some fun this summer on your refreshed Busa me thinks!

Spend your winter in Canada. We don't have Cali's problem if falling into the ocean. It The Southern problem of hot beyond belief We have about one person per million square miles so there's lots of quiet places to ride. :). Summers in the high 70's low 80's. If you get bored I have a 1500 Gold wing that could use some freshening up ;)

Spend your winter in Canada. We don't have Cali's problem if falling into the ocean. It The Southern problem of hot beyond belief We have about one person per million square miles so there's lots of quiet places to ride. :). Summers in the high 70's low 80's. If you get bored I have a 1500 Gold wing that could use some freshening up ;)

So this has me thinking, what if a guy could come to this country (and our cold-a$$ northern neighbor) and "work" his way across wrenching on board members bikes? Obviously not getting paid, that would run afoul of immigration law, but perhaps finding "gifts" of specific amounts in each location he spun a wrench.....

I think the tool box and stuff might give him away but if the members had tools and a place to work with a bit of forethought and planning I suppose he may

A toolbox and tools can be found at pawn shops all over the place, and sold at one when no longer needed. Budget in a small van or pickup with a shell, and I'd bet fun would abound!

So what's the pay like?
Bed and breakfast will do, just be fun ripping out a new one for all those lazy ass mechanics you have there lmao!
I hear green cards are like rocking horse sh*t to get in the States for foreigners like me . . . . although I could just dress up in a sombrero and poncho and ride in on a donkey and no-one (immigration) would even look twice at me.
Yeah man, you're gonna have some fun this summer on your refreshed Busa me thinks!
It’s pretty sad how our immigration system works here.
I will pay you $30 an hour and you can rip apart all my lazy mechanics :lol:

It’s pretty sad how our immigration system works here.
I will pay you $30 an hour and you can rip apart all my lazy mechanics :lol:
Hahaha!! cool! but I'll need a lot more than $30, the medical bills will be more than I can afford, I'll get clobbered immediately . . . just for being a Kiwi dressed as a Mexican lmao :):thumbsup:

Love to come to yours, but you only have 3 days of summer per year :confused:
Us Kiwis don't run antifreeze in our blood like you lot, I quit drinking a while ago lol.
As for the Lead wing, what needs doing to her? How many Kms on her?

So this has me thinking, what if a guy could come to this country (and our cold-a$$ northern neighbor) and "work" his way across wrenching on board members bikes? Obviously not getting paid, that would run afoul of immigration law, but perhaps finding "gifts" of specific amounts in each location he spun a wrench.....
Sounds like a great idea, as long as the work done is compensated for with board and lodgings at the member's residence, or, if ya can't stand listening to the Kiwi accent, just put me up in a 5 star hotel :D:p
I really don't think immigration dept would know anything, unless someone reported the situation, which is very unlikely.
It would be a great way to have an extended 'working' holiday in the States and Canada at very low cost.
I'm kinda stuck here due to having two lovely wee doggies to dote over every day, it's like having kids . . without the constant demands!
I have a friend who shipped his BMW 1200GS to Vancouver from NZ, he has a friend in Vancouver to stay with, he flew over when the bike arrived, he toured Canada, and the US (36 States) in 5 months. He said it cost him the best part of NZ$65K.
He stayed in budget motels almost every night, didn't know anyone in the States, but met people along the way and was invited to stay a few days by some.
But your idea Mr Brown would be the low cost alternative, accessing work and accomodation through our Busa family, very cool. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a great idea, as long as the work done is compensated for with board and lodgings at the member's residence, or, if ya can't stand listening to the Kiwi accent, just put me up in a 5 star hotel :D:p
I really don't think immigration dept would know anything, unless someone reported the situation, which is very unlikely.
It would be a great way to have an extended 'working' holiday in the States and Canada at very low cost.
I'm kinda stuck here due to having two lovely wee doggies to dote over every day, it's like having kids . . without the constant demands!
I have a friend who shipped his BMW 1200GS to Vancouver from NZ, he has a friend in Vancouver to stay with, he flew over when the bike arrived, he toured Canada, and the US (36 States) in 5 months. He said it cost him the best part of NZ$65K.
He stayed in budget motels almost every night, didn't know anyone in the States, but met people along the way and was invited to stay a few days by some.
But your idea Mr Brown would be the low cost alternative, accessing work and accomodation through our Busa family, very cool. :thumbsup:
I think that with some planning and thought it would work. The dogs would be an issue to be solved, but I'm confident that we could find a way to handle them if that were the only thing holding it back. Let's let it percolate a while.....

A toolbox and tools can be found at pawn shops all over the place, and sold at one when no longer needed. Budget in a small van or pickup with a shell, and I'd bet fun would abound!
Yes, would be a lot of fun, best part would be meeting all you great people!
I often think about how it would be to meet up and try to imagine a way to make it happen . . but life just gets in the way a bit. ;)

NZ winters are lovely from a Cdn perspective. May to September any where from 70 F to 90 F. Some rain in the spring of course April to late May. But otherwise that thin Commonwealth blood will survive. It's a 97 American built 1500 wing. It runs and travels down the road. But I'm sure the carbs could use a cleaning and balance. I only paid 2000.00 Cdn for it to see if I was ready for a wing yet Some plastics need replacing or glueing. Freshening up is the best term I suppose. Just not the right bike for me. Too heavy too slow. I hate the connected front and rear brakes. I'm going to try to sell it one last time. If no luck then it will be parted out
But you always have a place to flop here whenever you can get here
Jp

Back