Security solutions for motorcycle

Lojack doesn’t always work. I remember someone on here in the spring time reporting his bike was stolen and it had a lojack but there was a problem with the way lojack stored his info. They were unable to look up his bike and recover it. Im sure that was a rare occurrence but it does happen.
extremely rare actually. recovered dozens of bikes and cars and am good friends with the northeast lojack rep. and ive never heard of anyones lojack not working from either the lojack rep or a customer. im sure its happened but in 16 years ive never seen it not work for someone.

over a 95% recovery rate and for motorcycles and there is a hand held unit that I have used to locate bikes that are taken into an apartment complex. the car units will tell you its in a particular building but the hand held unit is very precise within about 10 feet.

not to mention the ones that are out now are different then the ones used before. they have a 10 yr battery that powers them now and they do not have to be hooked up to power like the previous versions which makes hiding it easier.

Thanks for the tips. I'll just wish my apartment complex was kinder towards having a secure place for a bike though.

I have a 1/2 lb of C4 wired to a cellular detonator. I feel sorry for anyone around the thief that gets my bike !
:laugh:

Lojack doesn’t always work. I remember someone on here in the spring time reporting his bike was stolen and it had a lojack but there was a problem with the way lojack stored his info. They were unable to look up his bike and recover it. Im sure that was a rare occurrence but it does happen.

Keep it in a garage, get an alarm, lock it to pins in the concrete, and get good insurance. Thats about all you can ask for.

Yep. That would have been me. LoJack was a complete waste of money and false sense of hope. Someone tried stealing my new bike last night but the guard at my apt scared them away luckily.

Well good news... I have my replacement bike (2 days ago) and have setup most of the security. I'm going to start a new thread in regards to how to install the scorpio alarm system since I was having the hardest of times trying to find where the connectors go. I couldn't even find the fuse box under the seat.

Anyways.. I'll start a new post on that but I wanted to sy that I have a BULLY chain, BULLY disc lock, Kryptonite flex chain, and teh scorpio alarm with prox. sensor. I also will be looking into a lojack next week. And I have a Night Owl Night Security camera with 100' night vision, DVR and internet access. Not ideal for recognition but as a early warning system for my peace of mind...

And I moved the bike to a covered canopy where it's sharing the same pole as the apartment's utility cart. I have the disc lock on the front tire, the bully chain on the rear and the kryptonite wrapped on the bike / frame. I want to geta ground anchor but need permission from property manager...

I also have an Abloy Protec PL 362 Shrouded Hardened Steel Padlock on order but they still haven't shipped it in 2 weeks. I'm about to cancel the order and look elsewhere. SecuritySnobs.com.

I'll post some pics later when I go to the bike next time.

Any thoughts?

Yep. That would have been me. LoJack was a complete waste of money and false sense of hope. Someone tried stealing my new bike last night but the guard at my apt scared them away luckily.

Lojac is a recovery utility used by police to track it down once it's activated. I think they have an additional feature called an early detection system which works by setting up a perimeter zone that alerts you once the bike has crossed the line but it's by no means an alarm system. Unless they changed their product and I haven't seen that yet

LoJack's Motorcycle Recovery Solutions

roadloc and lo-jack here. but neither will stop this...... although lo-jack will help get it back pretty dam fast tho....:whistle:

thumbnail.aspx.jpeg

I think with security locks and other security devices you can't protect your bike until you have a unique security system that other person don't know about.Because most of the lock can easily disable.If you have any lock that really work than mention it here.

Back