Secret picture from inside Suzuki R&D.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
New for 2013, COLORS!!

Thats right folks, with the introduction of the 2nd Generation ZX14, Suzuki has fired back with a collection of no less than 3, maybe even 4 wild, go fast colors!! Continuing the fine tradition of resting on its laurels, Suzuki has decided to spend millions of dollars and thousands of man hours lookin at paint chips, both in and out of THE SUN!!

Through my contacts on the inside of Suzuki, I was able to obtain this photo taken inside the Hayabusa R&D department.

2822668_P_Scientist-Sleeping-in-the-Lab.jpg

:rofl: should be interesting to see what really happens but Suzuki isnt in the best of financial positions so perhaps they will continue to wait to turn out something new....after all they do sell out of pretty much all the busas year after year.

would rather see them spend millions of dollars developing a Gen III. new colors wont make it faster then the ZX-14. just sayn....

I hope the Gen 3 comes out real soon. I'm lookin' for a set of Beetle Bags for my Gen 2 and those would get cheaper with the release of a Gen 3! :whistle:

I really don't see a zx14 beater coming out. To make a Busa beat the new Zx will require some serious power. I just don't see Suzi caring about that for a while. Electronics like abs and traction control yes.

pinstrips will make u go faster....:whistle: very aerodynamic....:rolleyes2: maybe their sales are so good they dont feel the need to improve. the Viper hasnt changed much in almost 10 years as far as hp goes. well, the new ones makn decent power but most made around 500-550. body is essentially the same.

Look at the rotation. Eight years of the GenI, ZX comes out as a 2006(?) model just knocking the Busa off the pedestal finally, two years later the GenII Busa comes out getting it's title back. Four years later the ZX finally comes out with a Busa beater. It'll take a couple of model years to complete design and R&D to put a ZX beater out there. It'll happen. They're still selling like hotcakes so it's no big worry to them yet.

Plus be honest, how many of us really go head to head against a new ZX? It's simply bragging rights and nothing more. I ride a Busa for me cause I like it, not cause I need the ability to get to 60 a tenth quicker or cut a 1/4 mile time a couple of tenths better than a ZX. I get to the riding level of the magazine pros then I may worry about that last tenth.

Whats the hold up on Suzuki's release info? Yamaha,Kawa already have their '13 line up announced.

R&D? APE allready stocks the Gen111 kit. 1441. hot cams and a stage 3 head, new piant job of your choose in any color.way cheaper than a new bike.:beerchug:

Last edited:
I'm not sure the R&D bucks would go to the Busa even if they had them. People are going to buy a certain amount of busas no matter what. Suzuki needs a money maker and that is going to be a car, not a motorcycle.

I'd be happy if the just improved fit and finish, including the cheap plating and finishes on the fasteners. Going back to my new '64 X-6 Hustler, the '83 GS1100EZ and now the '07 Hayabusa, all three had lower quality -- read cheap -- parts and finishes compared to other Japanese bikes and certainly American and European motorcycles...

I'm not sure the R&D bucks would go to the Busa even if they had them. People are going to buy a certain amount of busas no matter what. Suzuki needs a money maker and that is going to be a car, not a motorcycle.

Like what, the Kizashi? :rofl:

Back