Secondary Throttle motor circuit malfunction in Gen II 2013 Busa

busaboy999

Registered
Hey Guys,
My busa had power loss after 5-6K RPM hence got it checked with the mech and the diagnostic tool showed the error P1655 which had the description "Secondary throttle motor circuit malfunction (pic attached). My Mech tried the fix by checking the STVA circuit and did not find any issue in soldering and current was passing fine in the voltmeter. Please help me guys.

IMG-20181129-WA0026.jpg

Yeah. Even I'm inclined to replace that motor. Can you help me on identifying the correct part number from the attached pic ?
Screenshot_20181206-193932.jpg

Screenshot_20181206-193940.jpg

I can see 13th number would be the one to be replaced. But I'm doubtful whether the whole set of actuator also comes along with this!

I can see 13th number would be the one to be replaced. But I'm doubtful whether the whole set of actuator also comes along with this!

It is number 13.
Just an electric motor basically.
It rotates a shaft that the secondary throttle plates mount to, which opens and closes them as needed.
They also function better when adjusted through Ecu Editor(which is unrelated to your issue).
It is also simple to access and replace.
Assuming that is the issue, which it seems to be, you should not need any other parts to go with it, as the rest of that system is mechanical. And, there would be a seperate code for the throttle position sensor.

To be honest here, put the bike in dealer mode and see what shows for a code first!
The Suzuki manual will then tell you how to diagnose it
What your mentioning i would have to say and i have seen a the Ics solenoid gone bad.
What is done to the bike overall?

To be honest here, put the bike in dealer mode and see what shows for a code first!
The Suzuki manual will then tell you how to diagnose it
What your mentioning i would have to say and i have seen a the Ics solenoid gone bad.
What is done to the bike overall?

Mech has checked all plugs, cleaned throttle body, and lines. No issues.
I guess the code is p1655 as per diagnostic tool as I have posted in the first pic.
IMG-20181129-WA0026__01-01.jpeg

Problem is still there. FI light came for the first time. now one more error code p0110h is shown

Have you checked for codes yourself?
As in a jumper wire in the white diagnostic plug under the driver's seat, red/white to black/white wires(dealer mode, what Gixerhp was talking about).
That will display the letter C on the dash, and a 2 digit number. C00 means no codes present, any other number references a specific fault(search the list here). Leave the jumper in while you ride too, that way if the fault comes and goes, or there is more than one, you'll see it, as the ecu does not store codes.
See if the code is referencing the same problem as the Suzuki software.

#AirTemperatureSensor ~ #ThrottleCircuitMalfunction ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Put it dealer mode and see what Suzuki code it come up with, Ill bet its C41 ICS

Back