Secondary Flies..?

Dozerdriver

Registered
Just wondering if anyone has tested this further? I have read that it isn't good for the Busa but also read that some have done it without any issues. Does the mode switch control the secondaries to reduce the power? I have a spare throttle body assembly that I was thinking of trying with them out.

i know every bike is different. ive heard the larger bikes need a custom tune. and know that the zx-10r's benefited from the lack fo secondaries greatly without the need of a custom tune.

Haven't heard much about it in reference to the Gen II Busa, but have heard of guys yanking them out of the 14's.....

There was a bunch of debate on this awhile back and pulling them seemed worthless... just thought that we are further ahead of testing things and there would be more info by now. Guess I will just leave it alone for now...

No one seems to be doing a lot or at least posting much on the Gen II. Bike must be good out the crate. I have read several threads about changing the throttle bodies to R1 throttle bodies for response. :dunno:

For example: several oRg members simply put a Brocks pipe and Bazzaz on there's and ran 200+ at the mile. Not bad.

I pulled them on my 08 ZX-14 and the dif, if there was any was very hard to discern. Did not seem to affect normal street riding at all. Seemed to maybe get the engine spooled up a tad stronger above 3K --maybe. No one bothers to do it on 14s anymore. That was a needed mod for the G1 ZX-14. I think we have it honed in with G2s on both the 14 and the busa.

My 08 busa does feel a little softer in midrange than the 14 but I wouldn't pull the flies on it. If it were that big of a deal people would be doing it. It would be a real pain to have to put them back in.

I pulled mine off, I also took them off my 03 GSXR 1000, DL 1000
The only reason Suzuki put them in is to smooth the power a little....
Mike:cheerleader:

Flies are for low power or slow power. Slow meaning, there is a drag at the door like a screen door. Slow meaning, you lift up her dress and her undies are still there is like that screen door covering up the less dressed hinge attached to the entry way.
Slow action is the Jackson. You remove the restricting doors, cotton briefs, condom, filter, anything that would cause a drag to a faster moving air flow is all that fly does.

As far as 3 week old, soiled undies go... What flies we talking about?

I pulled them on my 08 ZX-14 and the dif, if there was any was very hard to discern. Did not seem to affect normal street riding at all. Seemed to maybe get the engine spooled up a tad stronger above 3K --maybe. No one bothers to do it on 14s anymore. That was a needed mod for the G1 ZX-14. I think we have it honed in with G2s on both the 14 and the busa.

My 08 busa does feel a little softer in midrange than the 14 but I wouldn't pull the flies on it. If it were that big of a deal people would be doing it. It would be a real pain to have to put them back in.

On the 06/07 14s it made a big difference apparently, but I tested it on my 14 as well, Kawi corrected or as they told me "ENHANCED" the range in which the secondaries open to be earlier in the rpm range....after a tune didnt make much difference, specially in throttle response... so I put them back in....

The busa secondaries are different I guess havent looked into it...but seen a couple threads here on it....

Back