second gear problem

paulp

Registered
Hi

I have a westfiels Megabusa with a gen 1 Hayabusa engine and a dry sump, I now have a second gear issue where it jumps in and out, I have removed the engine, taken off the clutch cover and alternator, it looks like I need to remove the starter, do I need to remove the clutch or will it stay with the top end?, if I need to remove is it easy to do?, does anyone know if I can leave the sump alone?

Any other ideas or recommendations?, I plan to send second and sixth away for undercutting.

Thanks for any advise

Paul

I suggest that you have the tranny including output shaft beefed up while you've got it apart. No need to revisit.

Cost about 500 if you do it yourself by the time you buy tools, gaskets, shipping and cutting of the tranny. Recommend using Robinson Industries ( Robinson Industries) just give them a call. Better replace the shift forks and shift fork shafts while your at it. Also a great time to send the crank off to Jay over @ APE for some balanced love.

Hi guys, thanks for all the recommendations and the manual, however I like the idea of splitting the engine myself, the manual is great, but it shows how to remove everything, my main question is still as to if I need to remove the clutch, it's shaft sits on the crankcase split line, so I'm hoping I can leave it where it is as I don't have the special tool for its removal, can anybody confirm this?.
Thanks.
Paul

To remove the transmission, you have to split the case. You cannot remove it just by removing the clutch.

you have to remove the whole clutch assembly
Hi guys, thanks for all the recommendations and the manual, however I like the idea of splitting the engine myself, the manual is great, but it shows how to remove everything, my main question is still as to if I need to remove the clutch, it's shaft sits on the crankcase split line, so I'm hoping I can leave it where it is as I don't have the special tool for its removal, can anybody confirm this?.
Thanks.
Paul

Hi, Thanks for all the information from everyone, I will split it at the weekend, just one more question though, can I leave the sump fixed to the bottom half of the case?

Thanks

Paul

Back