Second dead battery

Mikesit

Registered
I own a 2015 with 6k miles I bought new last year and immediately had to change the battery and determined there was a bad cell in the battery.

Fast forward a year later and my bike sat for six weeks and was charged once with battery tender and started up. Upon returning home from my trip I go to start the battery and will not turn over before going dead. Put it on a tender and after 20 minutes tender says it’s ready although knowing it’s not. Go to crank and nada. Jump the bike with a jump box turn over runs no issue. Drove for about 300 miles turned off to get gas. Go to start gauges, pump, turn ignition and nada again.

I have noooo accessories. I’m sure my battery is toast sitting for six weeks so I’m looking for a reliable no bs battery that has good cranking amps and average on price and will last awhile with some maintenance. Yes I’ve searched with not so great results.

I replace batteries for a living in life safety systems , and today's batteries are junk . Interstate use to make great stuff in the late 90's some equipment lasting 10 years of service . Todays replacement battery lucky if you get 2 to 3 years . My Factory battery gave out in 16 months . ( 2014 ) my brothers 2015 gave out in one year .
I have been using Shori with great success on all the bikes .
Almost all batteries today are China made . From what I have been told by battery reps is no lead smelting in the US anymore . We send it all to China , and they do all the work our EPA won't allow here .
Watch using Jump boxes by the way seen a few bikes over the years get damaged charging systems afterwards .

Please perform the service manual tests on the stator as well, especially when fully heated. They can get barbecued from jumping the bike and running it with a dead battery. You might want to physically inspect the stator at this point.

If the bike sat at the dealership/in a crate until the battery was dead and the dealer then charged it, this event could have caused the dead cell and started everything that happened after. You did not necessarily get a "new" battery with your new bike.

I own a 2015 with 6k miles I bought new last year and immediately had to change the battery and determined there was a bad cell in the battery.

Fast forward a year later and my bike sat for six weeks and was charged once with battery tender and started up. Upon returning home from my trip I go to start the battery and will not turn over before going dead. Put it on a tender and after 20 minutes tender says it’s ready although knowing it’s not. Go to crank and nada. Jump the bike with a jump box turn over runs no issue. Drove for about 300 miles turned off to get gas. Go to start gauges, pump, turn ignition and nada again.

I have noooo accessories. I’m sure my battery is toast sitting for six weeks so I’m looking for a reliable no bs battery that has good cranking amps and average on price and will last awhile with some maintenance. Yes I’ve searched with not so great results.

My bike sits a lot, sometimes for a few months. I pretty much use to get one year on a battery. I now use a battery tender and that problem is gone.

I replace batteries for a living in life safety systems , and today's batteries are junk . Interstate use to make great stuff in the late 90's some equipment lasting 10 years of service . Todays replacement battery lucky if you get 2 to 3 years . My Factory battery gave out in 16 months . ( 2014 ) my brothers 2015 gave out in one year .
I have been using Shori with great success on all the bikes .
Almost all batteries today are China made . From what I have been told by battery reps is no lead smelting in the US anymore . We send it all to China , and they do all the work our EPA won't allow here .
Watch using Jump boxes by the way seen a few bikes over the years get damaged charging systems afterwards .
that's a pretty cool job... and it should be noted that alllllll the current technology is advanced almost exclusively by companies that own battery factories(50-100 million dollar facilities)….. Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/LG... so when a company like "surefire" claims leading technology.... be very cautious... the leading cause of e-cigarette failure is rewrapped and counrterfeit fake sony batteries....

Back