Seattle to Chicago

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
So its confirmed.

Im riding from Seattle to Chicago and leaving on the 1st of September.

Ill be taking I-90 to I-94 all the way to Chicago. its about 2100 miles and google map says it should take 30 hours. (im sure i could make up some time in Montana and north Dakota)

should be fun, no clue what to expect :p

Be careful in Montana and Wyoming (if you go that way). They love to nail out-of-staters on the freeway. There are a couple of Hwys that run East-West that state 'Prudent Speed', but they don't run very far from what I found.

Is this the first long trip for you on a bike?

Be careful in Montana and Wyoming (if you go that way). They love to nail out-of-staters on the freeway. There are a couple of Hwys that run East-West that state 'Prudent Speed', but they don't run very far from what I found.

Is this the first long trip for you on a bike?

indeed, first long one. not really sure how im gonna pack my gear :p and i only have messenger bags!
ill figure it out ;)

right now im trying to find friends of friends along the way just to crash at their places. dont feel safe about the motel thing... if i have to, ill bring the bike in the room and be sure to take pictures :p

Try planning your trip so you DO NOT arrive in chicago between 3:00pm and 7:00pm.

Otherwise have fun :)

if you can put google maps on your phone and watch traffic, milwaukee to chicago is basically one BIG construction zone. google maps you can see where it gets bad and can take the surface streets :):beerchug:

Try planning your trip so you DO NOT arrive in chicago between 3:00pm and 7:00pm.

Otherwise have fun :)

noted!!!

thanks!

and yes, i have google maps/navigation/internet/weather everything on my phone and on a mount.. ill be prepared for the worst!

Hey Tony!

If you are blazing through Montana and find a sheep entangled in a fence, what time is it?

You guessed it!

Mountin Time!

:beerchug:

Have a great trip! Will there be a return ride? If so, when?

:rofl::rofl::rofl: hey steven,

ill be leaving here on Aug 31st and planning on getting there by the 2nd or 3rd.
Leave Chicago on the 7th and head down to Indiana to see my grandma for a day or 2 (20 mins from chicago)... Then ill head back to Seattle on September 9th (thursday)... why you gonna meet me out there? :p

Back