Seats?

it does help out tremendously to keep her weight off of me. With the backrest she feels much more confident she's not gonna go flying off the back, and she can sit more upright and hold onto the grab bar, instead of arms being wrapped around me. Rode a few hundred miles with her on the back and could hardly notice she was back there majority of the time. She did complain the seat was a bit firm, probably just needs broken in a bit though. Recommend trying to find one in the classifieds if you're gonna do the corbin w/backrest as they are expensive. Had no luck getting a deal on mine, cost $460 total from corbin. Was kind of hard to justify buying it bc she doesn't ride too much with me, but the more comfortable the wife is the happier i am

I had the same issue, even without a passenger the stock setup always seemed to slide me forward especially when braking. I changed to rear lowering links and that was the trick. Now it is not so angled and much more comfy. Note - my rear hugger would scrape the wheel with a passenger on so I removed it. It really needs a stiffer shock for 2 people (roughly 300 lbs for 2 of us...oh, and my wife might be 110 lbs... wet... just after eating...and holding her purse...with a pocket full of change).

My approach, after a few 2- up rides on my new(at the time) 02, was to notch(scoop) her seat(cut foam).It has worked ever since,47,000 miles later.
We bought a used 08 and I was going to do the same thing to it also,turns out the factory had done the mod before I could.:whistle: If you compare the two it looks like I did the 08 in the same way. Its not a hard mod to do,just take your time.
My only gripe is that I was not credited with the idea.:laugh: :beerchug:

Ps, the cut seat has never been an issue comfort wise,as we have dozens of 500+ mile days.

Can you guys elaborate a little more on the comfort of these aftermarket seats? I have read on a couple of other posts that "the seats did not work for his/her type of riding". What does that mean? Do these brands have a particular strength in the type of riding i.e. long trips, twisties, etc? If so, which brand is better for what type of riding? In the case of the New Image/Tobin seats, I don't understand how it's thinner seats would be more comfy than the thick foamed stocks on the Gen II?

I don't have a problem with my Gen II stocks. Coming from litre bikes, it is definitely more comfy. But if my busa can get more comfy then I am open to making a purchase. Would really appreciate if you guys could clarify this.

Can you guys elaborate a little more on the comfort of these aftermarket seats? I have read on a couple of other posts that "the seats did not work for his/her type of riding". What does that mean? Do these brands have a particular strength in the type of riding i.e. long trips, twisties, etc? If so, which brand is better for what type of riding? In the case of the New Image/Tobin seats, I don't understand how it's thinner seats would be more comfy than the thick foamed stocks on the Gen II?

I don't have a problem with my Gen II stocks. Coming from litre bikes, it is definitely more comfy. But if my busa can get more comfy then I am open to making a purchase. Would really appreciate if you guys could clarify this.

I hope This helps.

My Corbin has over 73K miles on it and still giving me the same comfort as the first day I got it. I can never ride without it. What you saw on that link is exactly what I've experienced when I first got the bike. The second day, I tried to do a long ride and after about 300+ miles, I can feel that pressure point that they're talking about. I was lucky that the salesman that sold me the bike was selling his Busa and the Corbin so he sold me the seat for $130.

Forgot to mention that I've done 1K+ mile ride last July and still smiling at the end of the day. Rode from 4:00am until 11:00pm.

Last edited:
JJsBusaRox.
Seats are waaay too subjective IMHO. So what one rider may find OK for his preference may not hold true for another. Some love the Suzuki gel seat, an equal number despise them. I hated the Corbin on my Gen I, I am beginning to like it on my '08.

Did a long road trip a few weeks ago (1,000 miles of flat freeway) all three of us liked our seats: me on a Corbin, the other on a Tobin/New Image and another on Suzki Gel.
P.S. The guy on the Tobin is the biggest/heaviest of the bunch, go figure!
HINT: sleepless has a CORBIN :)

Last edited:
Back