Seats - Which is THE BEST???

Heavy Metal

Registered
Curious to know what everyone has as far as seats go, how long you have had your seat and where you satisfied with your choice??? Would you get the same seat again if you got another bike, OR would you choose another brand???

metal, I have the stock and tried the gel. The stock driver seat is ok, but my heavy ass gets hotspots and sore after a while in the saddle. The gel was more comfortable than the stock seat and is reasonably priced. However, I didn't buy it because I ride a lot on either very hot or cold weather and I am not a fan of gel in those environements. The stock rear has to go if you plan on riding a lot of two up. The corbin has an excellent rear and backrest, while slightly expensive. The tobin has a nice lip at the back of the driver and rear seat and is more reasonably priced. I haven't actually sat on the corbin or tobin busa seat, but I'm sure others will give both rave reviews for comfort.

The stock seat is fine, but you are hurtin' if you ride a couple hundred miles on it. I just got the gel seat and did a 1,000 mile ride and I was fine. Could not have done it with the stock seat.

Rode the stock seat for a while, then migrated to the Tobin. It is extremely comfortable for both long and short rides and looks better than the other seats. I also have a set of Corbins for the 2 up riding because of the back support the backrest provides the passenger. Haven't tried the gel so I can't comment. My money would be on the Tobins first and then the Corbins (maybe top choice if you do a lot of 2 up riding).

I'm gonna try either a tobin or gel seat next. couldnt ride the corbin b/c it was too wide for me to be able to stand flat footed (even with 1.5" drop in the rear) I hear good things about the tobins, so depending on cost, thats probably the route I'm going
cool.gif

I've only rode the stock saddle and my Tobin. Can't comment on the others but I can say that I love my Tobin seat.
wink.gif

I bought my bike with a corbin and I must say it is a little hard for a long ride. It could jut be that is had around 20,000 miles on it when I bought it. I think I will look at the gel seat. Years of bicycle riding in gel shorts have proved its worth to me.

how much did you guys pay for your tobin seats?
Here 'ya go, Matt.

Anyone needing a seat modified give me a call or email. Thanks Tobin
Tobin O'Connor
122 South Main Street
York New Salem, PA 17371
1-717-792-3708
I accept PayPal and Money Orders Only.
Seat with exchange are $111.00 this includes shipping.
If you would like to buy a seat without exchange Total is $186.00 this includes shipping in the USA. Call for availability
If paying thru PayPal please add $3.00 for fees Total $114.00 with exchange or $192.00 without exchange.
IF having both front and back seats done with your exchange. Price is $199 this includes shipping. Add $6.00 for PayPal.
Without exchange price is $295.00. Call for availability. Add $9.00 for PayPal fees.
Add $25.00 for logos and $15.00 for lettering
Zippered Hump pad add $55.00
Add $20.00 for Two Tone seats
If you have any further questions feel free to call. Thanks Tobin
All shipping charges are for the Continental United States.
Call or email for shipping prices for outside the USA.
P.S. I have two type's of black material one is glossy and one is dull. Please state, which one you would like on the money order, or in the PayPal commit box.

how much did you guys pay for your tobin seats?
Here 'ya go, Matt.

Anyone needing a seat modified give me a call or email. Thanks Tobin
Tobin O'Connor
122 South Main Street
York New Salem, PA 17371
1-717-792-3708
I accept PayPal and Money Orders Only.
Seat with exchange are $111.00 this includes shipping.
If you would like to buy a seat without exchange Total is $186.00 this includes shipping in the USA. Call for availability
If paying thru PayPal please add $3.00 for fees Total $114.00 with exchange or $192.00 without exchange.
IF having both front and back seats done with your exchange. Price is $199 this includes shipping. Add $6.00 for PayPal.
Without exchange price is $295.00. Call for availability. Add $9.00 for PayPal fees.
Add $25.00 for logos and $15.00 for lettering
Zippered Hump pad add $55.00
Add $20.00 for Two Tone seats
If you have any further questions feel free to call. Thanks Tobin
All shipping charges are for the Continental United States.
Call or email for shipping prices for outside the USA.
P.S. I have two type's of black material one is glossy and one is dull. Please state, which one you would like on the money order, or in the PayPal commit box.

What is involved in a non Exhange, Is a new under seat thing used, so can exchange front seat with Stock/Gel seat presently being used??? But am interested in a driver and passanger Tobin Seat, All read for Passanger and Red/Black as in Black Strip even with the Black Frame, as well as color Matched Black and RED as well as the Symbol and maybe on the upper back rise in the seat have a name/nick on each one... Can all this be done???

Is their a Tobin Site to see seats ect???

I have an '04 SE

<!--EDIT|Heavy Metal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091724898 -->

The exchange is just like what you do with chrome and other parts. You send him your seats and he sends you a set back and keeps your seats (maintains an inventory). Without exchange, you send him your seats and get the work done on them. You can do a search for Tobin seats and see many of the currently used designs. He doesn't have a website, but if you call he can send you pics as well.

I have a Suzuki new style gel seat and love it. Much better than the stocker. I have at least 3500 miles on the gel.

gel_seat.jpg

The exchange is just like what you do with chrome and other parts.  You send him your seats and he sends you a set back and keeps your seats (maintains an inventory).  Without exchange, you send him your seats and get the work done on them.  You can do a search for Tobin seats and see many of the currently used designs.  He doesn't have a website, but if you call he can send you pics as well.
You lost me on the Seat Exchange...

Anyhow I have seen the seats on a few sites, but dunno what ones... Wanted to show my GF, she is wanting to get me them with our nicks on it were the back end of the seats raise up on the top of that part. as well as the Hayabusa Symbol on it and done in all RED for back since I have an '04, and a RED/BLACK want the BLACK part to flow side to side with the Black Frame and the RED to Match The RED Bike... NOW that would be killer...

Also thanks for the Response!!!

I'm gonna try either a tobin or gel seat next.  couldnt ride the corbin b/c it was too wide for me to be able to stand flat footed (even with 1.5" drop in the rear)  I hear good things about the tobins, so depending on cost, thats probably the route I'm going
cool.gif
When ordering a Corbin for a sport bike, they generally ask if you what it shaved narrower. They call it a nose job. Did you have that done to yours?

I can only speak to the Corbins. They are definetly comfortable. I found the stock seat pretty uncomforable and for 2 up riding, the stock seats were pretty bad. The corbins are harder by design than you'd anticipate. However, after using them, I've found they must know what they're doing because it's much more comfy that the stock seats. Quality is top notch. Cost around $700+ for the full 2 up setup with backrest. Only gripe is the bolts need loctite to stay and the passenger seat needed a little tape around the underside metal hooks secured tightly.

The exchange is just like what you do with chrome and other parts.  You send him your seats and he sends you a set back and keeps your seats (maintains an inventory).  Without exchange, you send him your seats and get the work done on them.  You can do a search for Tobin seats and see many of the currently used designs.  He doesn't have a website, but if you call he can send you pics as well.
You lost me on the Seat Exchange...

Anyhow I have seen the seats on a few sites, but dunno what ones... Wanted to show my GF, she is wanting to get me them with our nicks on it were the back end of the seats raise up on the top of that part. as well as the Hayabusa Symbol on it and done in all RED for back since I have an '04, and a RED/BLACK want the BLACK part to flow side to side with the Black Frame and the RED to Match The RED Bike... NOW that would be killer...

Also thanks for the Response!!!
If I must show a pic!

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091731329 -->

post_11_95709_DSC00463.jpg

And 1 more!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091731434 -->

post_11_96271_DSC00472.jpg

Back