Seat recovering and a Nice weekend Ride..

efiguero

Registered
So I sent my seat off to Spencer's Motorcycle Seat Mods, Page 1 (Click on the "Page 1" link for the website), the total cost came out to around $120 or so including shipping there and back, the total or the job was $75. You pay for the shipping there and include a prepaid label in the box, so he just has to drop it off at a shipping place. Turnaround time was super quick, and Spencer was very easy to deal with. You send him your stock seat and he overhauls the inside of it. When he is done it looks just like you sent it. I sent my OEM Suzuki Gel Seat (Was horrible) and luckily he was able to mod it, he mentioned I should have given him a heads up because not all gel seats can be modded, but I guess I was lucky. He assumed I was sending my stock seat, but I liked the way the gel seat cover looked.

Anyhow, I got it back a couple of weeks ago, but had not gotten a chance to ride much with it. This past weekend, I took a weekend trip to Del Rio, Texas and Acuna, Mexico from Austin, TX. Left on a Friday and came back on Sunday, took all back roads, swung by the Three Sisters in Leakey, TX on the way down to Del Rio. Rode a total of 728 miles for the complete trip. I must say that I was really impressed at the difference the seat mod made. I think he dropped it a little, and did whatever other magic he does. My rear took way longer to get a little sore, and my arms seemed to be in a more relaxed position, maybe because the seat is a little lower. I think it was well worth the money. I have done many 300 mile day trips and I am dying by the end of the day. With this new seat, that was not the case. Keep in mind that I do have Heli Bars, and the Buell peg mod, but this seat made all those other compents even better. So if anyone out there is interested in getting a comfy seat without spending a ton of money (Corbin, or New image) this could be an option, however the seat will still look stock, so if you want a custom look go elsewhere. The only downside to the trip was that my saddle bags ended up rubbing on my micron exhaust and rubbed the black paint off to the metal, so I have about a two inch scuff on my left pipe, I was sooo mad, but what ya gonna do. Here are a couple of pics for the ride. Enjoy...:bowdown:
DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0931.jpg

The last pic is really cool. You use a flash or something ?
The Kanji and rim strips are glowing ?

The last pic is really cool. You use a flash or something ?
The Kanji and rim strips are glowing ?

Yeah, I have a Black reflective Kanji and orange reflective rim stripes from tapeworks and the flash went off when I was taking the shot making them glow. They are cool cause the Kanji looks stock during the day, but at night glows when light hits it, same with the rim stripes.

Back