Seat preference

dwilson

Registered
Any opinions on a better seat for aggressive ride style , still need to be able to do 400 mile days. Most seats I've looked at appear to be alittle taller than the stock. I'm actually looking to reduce height of rider to feel more into the bike rather than on top. .?

Lotsa opinions on this one - everyone will be different. Tried stock, Tobin/New Image, Corbin, Airhawk, Gel - Ended up with Zero Gravity Latigo. Good for up to 500 miles days (others have done 1000 mile days on it). I needed something round in front that was good for side to side transitions. :)

http://www.pm-pashnitmoto.com & click on seats

6993285406_11dd2d5144_b.jpg

7139371867_7a2208f591_b.jpg

I just bought a Saddleman Gel Track seat. Looks awesome but due 2 mother nature acting schizophrenic I haven't really had the chance 2 break it in yet

Ive got over 20k miles on New Image seats between my Gen 1 and Gen 2 Hayabusa's and absolutely love them...granted I have not tried any other seats on them besides the stock....

It all depends on the needed purpose. I had a Tobin on my Gen I and it sets you lower, I felt more like part of the bike. I have Corbins on my Gen II, I dont feel the same way with this bike, I feel like I am on top of it. But I do not plan to track this bike, and with the corbin rear the height difference between different brands of seats will not work for us.

Thats the problem , everyone has a different liking. I have had my eye on the saddleman and the zero gravity. Just need to make sure they dont sit me higher on the bike . Its not a too short issue , I want to be farther in the bike instead of the feeling of being atop the bike.

I guess it's because I am a new rider and I have only 1800 miles on my stock seat, it seems okay to me. Also it might be because I'm riding with folks that have smaller sport bikes and they are getting butt pains before me and that's why we have to stop all of the time.

Thats the problem , everyone has a different liking. I have had my eye on the saddleman and the zero gravity. Just need to make sure they dont sit me higher on the bike . Its not a too short issue , I want to be farther in the bike instead of the feeling of being atop the bike.

I completely understand, that is why I suggested the Tobin. It was the only seat that made me feel like that.

Back