Seat material

i had a source for good leather seating material. i can find it again if you're interested

i had a source for good leather seating material. i can find it again if you're interested

thanks for the help there is a leather shop about 7 miles from me i will check with them if they cant help with material i will hit u up thanks again

If you are careful, you can reuse the stock seat cover after you cut it down. Big staple gun and glue will become your friends....

Re: poor Seat material

I have made four or five saddles/seats out of leather; and, later, five or six saddles/seats out of marine grade vynel. I could talk all day about the beauty of leather. It just doesn't hold up in the hot damp climate here in South Texas. So rather than beat myself to death trying to keep the seat clean and well oiled, I give-in and go with the best looking plastic that I can find.

If you are careful, you can reuse the stock seat cover after you cut it down. Big staple gun and glue will become your friends....

I am putting a hump to the back of it which will require some stitching so i will need more material I am guessing

Re: poor Seat material

I have made four or five saddles/seats out of leather; and, later, five or six saddles/seats out of marine grade vynel. I could talk all day about the beauty of leather. It just doesn't hold up in the hot damp climate here in South Texas. So rather than beat myself to death trying to keep the seat clean and well oiled, I give-in and go with the best looking plastic that I can find.

I will keep this in mind thanks

Back