Seat Cut my own and recovered

badboysbailagnt

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guy what do you think of my seat i just finished. Just took my stock seat and cut it down to size and layed a small layer of head liner faom on top and covered with vinyl

busa_seat_1.jpg

Looks good ... there's nothing better for comfort than a custom seat. The stock seat just doesn't do it for long rides.

LQQks goood! How did ya arrive at how to cut it? Did ya just start and doing a bunch of 'test-sits'?

well i kept sliding back when i hit it real hard and instead of tryin to pull myself up with the handel bars  i started cutting and test sitting.  It holds me in their real nice now. im going to get some riding time in tomorrow to see how it feels. I only rode it about 2 miles today to test if i would slide back or not

<!--EDIT|badboysbailagnt
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129153069 -->

I just took off the material which is just held on by stapels just take a flat head screw driver and pry them out and take off the material. The take you a electric knife from your kitchen and start carving. Be carefull not to take off alot at one time just take your time with it. Then after you get it close to the way you want it take sand paper and sand it down so there wont be and ridges. If you mess up its no biggy go to a upholstry place that does car seats and stuff and get some head liner foam. Its real thin but will hide any screw ups if you did any. Which i cut a little to much off a part of mine but fixed it. after that buy some black vinyl from them and cover it its simple

Did you use spray glue to hold stuf together? I cut down my seat and I need to pull off the vinal and spray it so it lays down.

Back