Seat covers

bowwow

Registered
Does anyone on here make or know someone that makes custom seat covers at a decent price? It dosen't seem like it should be too hard to make. I don't understand why custom places charge so much. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please PM me. Thanks.

Custom covers or custom seats, most you see here are custom covered and cut down or repadded seats.

Me too. I'm going to do it soon (I'm just going to buy some fabric from wallmart) I'll post pics once I get around to it.

I love the Tobin seats but they can be pretty pricey and he normally cuts them down a bit.

It's not difficult but I don't have the equipment to do it myself.

Custom Seat creations in Denver has some great stuff, at very reasonable prices. Here is mine..

IMG_0269 (Medium).JPG

proof that u get what you pay for. Is not about how fast of how pretty you like, it's more of how fast and how pretty you can affort

board 48.JPG

I got ahold of the guy that sells the $30 seat covers on ebay.He goes by Thrasherseats. He made me some custom covers (front and back) and look really nice. I will post pics when I get my bike back together.

I ordered some fabric from ebay. And then went to an embroiderer. They charged me $30 to digitize and maybe $15 to actually do the work. But they gave me the disk with my work on it. So now if I need the same thing done again, I can take it anywhere, give them the disk and they can have at it for about $15. Here is mine...

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/1947071-post20.html

I kept my original seat material. Took the front seat to Lancaster Auto Interiors (Lancaster, CA) and they dished out the foam and refit the seat cover. It looks real good and it cradles my fat behind. Because they shaped the foam edges to fit my inseam, its really easy to move around on when carving up Malibu. Their fee $70, completed while I wait.

I've been running the stock seat with Second Look seat cover on it. Second Look did it for for me some years back. Dumb question, buy why are we having this conversation- you can get Second Look seat covers anywhere and they are like 30 bucks and look great. Color matched to your bike too. SL has been around for years (10-15?) although they've gone through a couple owners. Call those guys up, get your skin and be done. :thumbsup:

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

640-busa-seat1.jpg

Main difference with the Tobin, is with the stock seat being more rounded, you can move around a lot in the twisties. And that's pretty much all they have around here in Cali is twisty roads. :laugh:

Tobin seat is aesthetically more pleasing to the eye, but plants you in the seat, or in the bike, so no moving around. Twistiy stuff is all down with the head and dropping the shoulder.

Img_0323_640.jpg

640-busa-seat1.jpg

Img_0323_640.jpg

:poke:i have the material for my seats, i'm looking for someone with info on were i can get the hayabusa logo embroided:whistle:

Back