Seat and tank fasteners (easy release)

You can buy a replacement bracket for $17.00. I have 3 seats and the pins make it a 10 second swap and no tools access to the battery compartment can be handy in the middle of nowhere at 3 am
cool.gif

I'm talking to the guy about them now. Thanks for starting the thread psycobusa

I just made my own set for under $50 using stainless steel (no rust) quick release  pin from Jergens and two to 8mm screws purchased from Lowes. To fabricate the bolts remove heads on the screws using a dremel  and cut a slit on the top portion to accept a screw driver for screwing in place. The only difficult part was drilling a hole into the screw itself for accepting the cotter pins, so I jerry rigged a holding template using a tube flaring tool I already had.   Heres a link to where you can get the quick release pins cheaper than anywhere.
As with the other one online being sold you will have to drill out the area on the seat pan the holds the  curret screws.

http://www.jergensinc.com/search_....&subID=

Photos of my parts and tool I fabricated to hold the the modified 8mm tank screw for drilling the holes into.

DSC03217.jpg

GastankPins.jpg

And Jig I fabricated from a tube flaring tool.

DSC03220.jpg

Slide1-1.jpg

Be sure to take your time and use drill/ cutting oil.

my.02

afro.gif

Also you can use these lanyards to hold your quick release pins on your gas tank.

http://www.jergensinc.com/search_....bID=280

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157061617 -->

cool.gif
Sure u Right !!!

And heres a lil write up I just did for the DIY guyz and galz or Pimpz and Pimpetez.
super.gif

super.gif

Click onto the below phrase !!

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157068337 -->

super.gif

5.jpg

I just made my own set for under $50 using stainless steel (no rust) quick release  pin from Jergens
Ty - what size or model # of pin did you order?
Dayyumm its was a while back so I had to go and take a measurement for ya.

Heres an exact measurement of mine, but personally I would go with one just alil bit smaller. Especially if you dont have an easy out for getting the hole started for drilling out the bolt head on the underside of the seat pan.

DSC03235.jpg

Or 5/16 take your pic.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157070627 -->

Thanks for the measurement, Playa! I forgot to ask ya about the grip length, tho...

How 'bout this - do yours have the part number engraved on the barrel of the handle?

Like this?

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1157139632 -->

buttonhandle.gif

mystery solved!! but after you order all the parts and pieces isnt it about the same as the 85 that gsxxr1300 charges?
rock.gif

mystery solved!!  but after you order all the parts and pieces isnt it about the same as the 85 that gsxxr1300 charges?
rock.gif
If you have all the tool to do the job, no, if not, then the price will be close or a little more .

LQQk at like this Playa (HB), pay now or pay more l8tr getting hit over the head paying full price on another simple project you could have done yourself with the tools you bought earlier. For example, it might cost a little more or less depending on the job the same price taking your machine to the shop for repairs or modification work or buying the tools doing it yourself at home with the help of us
wink.gif
 . Most tools you use on your bike or around the house are universal and can be used to assist in fabricating all kind of shid, trust me (LOL).  You can't go wrong when you invest in tools ! The initial cost may be more on some projects gathering the tools to get the job done but will pay for itself in time financially and personally.

NO FEAR PLAYA...............YOU CAN DO !!!!!!!!!
super.gif

super.gif

If you have the time and tools we can guide you the rest of the way !

If not, then fire away and support our helpful board sponsors.

Outty !

super.gif

Back