sealing

dewie

Registered
next month or two I'll be attacking the frame and swing arm. After they are polished what do you guys use to seal it? I know Zoop is highly rated but has anyone just used clear coat from a spray bomb?

I really have not had a problem with the frame, I just polish it when it gets wet, which isn't often. I am putting a chrome swingarm on because I did not want to try to maintain a polished one. Been there, done that, not much fun, and too much work.

rejex is some of the best stuff i have found, airplane polish, put a coat of this on and it seals the polished area real good.

I have heard of a polish called old english.....its supposed to be really good but kind of pricey...I am thinking of polishing my rims so I am looking for a good polish as well...

I am not an expert...but that is why polished Al is a pain...it looks sweet after the buff 'n polish steps and then gets dull and dark. Mothers mag wheel polish works good, but the negative of that is any road dirt will scratch the previous steps that took it to getting like a mirror. It can be clear coated...use alochol to take off the residue...the go through the paint steps...blow the clear on, and hope for no runs....and the pain with the clear is that when it chips it wiil delaminate the area around the chip.

I would suggest chrome...or just stay on it with a light buffer as needed during the season. If you do the rims get them rebalanced when finished.

Back