Sealed high performance batteries

OB_valklex

Registered
If you guys find a suitabale replacement, please post it here or over the general. When I saw my battery, I thought the tech was yoking. He wasn't. It looks like a barbie car's battery pack. I don't think it will last a year.

I hope you guys find one. I've looked for one, but all I could find were "Harley size" and some of them required "some modification". I think that the battery size is one of the ways the mfg.s have been reducing the weight of our bikes. The battery in my '92 600 Katana is bigger than my '97 7R. All the high CCA batteries, I've found were way too big.

I put a lot of strain on my battery with 55/100w headlights, 15/50w tail lights and most of all, my Gerbing heated liners. The heated jacket and pants liners can draw up to 77w at 12 AMPS! Throw in the gloves and socks and it goes over 100w / 15a!

Their real nice and are better (and thinner) then a couple layers of insulated underwear under my leathers. I've thought about having my alternator rewound, but couldn't find anyone, locally, I'd trust. Now, they say the 12R has a generator instead of an alternator (I don't know the difference). I just hope it has a higher output than my 7R has.

Good luck and Happy Holidays to you all!

I`m in the process of trying to locate a high cca/high amp hour battery for the Busa any one else try this?So far I found a sealed Yuasa that delivers 18ah and 270cca compared to a 9.5ah and 175 cca stock.The Odyssey dry cell looks perfect also I just haven`t found out if they make one to fit us(no need to trickle charge this baby)2.5yr storage before a recharge!The reason I am doing this is my bike cranks a little slow in the summer heat and back up reserve is never a bad thing.

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 24 December 1999).]

Well dudes I couldn`t find a high Ah/cca battery to fit the stock battery box,theres a couple out there that will fit L&W but there to tall and hit the seat.I checked into Turbo`s suggestion and they have very high cca but low Ah(according to their charts) and if you run any accessories it might kill it.Dont quote me on this I`ll give them a call next week also theres a company called Boulder that makes some really state of the art dry cells but I`m having a hard time finding them.

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 26 December 1999).]

Back