Seahawks got Robbed!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Even though I live in the Seattle area, I'm not in love with the Seahawks. I rarely watch a game and really don't care if they win or loose on any particular game. But the Big game is always fun to watch no matter who is playing.

However, by the end of the game I felt really bad for the Seahawks. There were numerous calls against the hawks that were questionable at best and three of them were game changing calls. However, I never seen one single questionable call against the Steelers?

Did anyone else see this as extremely poor officiating or have I been smokin those funky left handed cigarettes again?

I rarely watch a game and really don't care if they win or loose on any particular game.

However, by the end of the game I felt really bad for the Seahawks. There were numerous calls against the hawks that were questionable at best and three of them were game changing calls. However, I never seen one single questionable call against the Steelers?

Did anyone else see this as extremely poor officiating or have I been smokin those funky left handed cigarettes again?
the only call I thought was weird was the fumble by hasselback, but it was overturned in review.

I would rather see the refs call it like and force a review... as as call it down by contact when it's actually a fumble.

I'm fairly certain any official would have called the other two (the TD, and the push penalty in the endzone) the same way.

I know Madden sorta questioned a holding call in the third quarter.. but I didn't understand why he was... guys don't lean backwards while they are running unless something is holding them back.

Ole Mike Holmgren will raise a stink about this and that over the next few days anyway though.. it's just his way.. been whinning about officials for years.

You obviously had your eyes closed when Rothelisburger's touchdown, the one that DID NOT break the plane of the goal line, was given to him. Even after reviwing the play, the Referee said the call stood.

Posted at halftime on SH.Org;

EVEN IF YOU ARE A PITTSBURGH FAN,, THE OFFICIALS ARE RUNNING THE SHOW!!!

ONE TOUCH DOWN TAKEN AWAY FROM THE SEAHAWKS BECAUSE OF A BLATANT CHECK, TOUCH AND MOVE!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SIX POINTS DENIED -
guns.gif
OFFICIALS!</span>

TOUCH DOWN GIVEN TO ROTHLISSBERGER!!! THE BALL WAS STOPPED AND <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NEVER</span> CROSSED THE PLANE OF THE GOAL!!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SIX POINTS GIVEN -
guns.gif
OFFICIALS!!!</span>

TWENTY FOUR YARD PASS - SEAHAWKS - BALL CROSSED THE PLANE OF THE GOAL,, EVEN THOUGH HE STEPPED OUT!!!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>SIX POINTS DENIED -
guns.gif
OFFICIALS!</span>

SEAHAWK'S' OFFENCE HAS A LEAST HAD A DRIVE. PITTSBURGH DIDN'T WAKE UP AND DO SOME UNTIL,,, THREE MINUTES LEFT IN POSSESION. :zzz: :zzz:

SECOND HALF COMING, WE SHALL SEE HOW WINS THIS. :hellno:

IF PITTSBURGH WINS IT CERTAINLY WILL NOT BECAUSE THEY PLAYED FOOTBALL TODAY!!

I AM SICKENED BY THE OFFICIATING. SEATTLE IS CLEARLY THE BETTER TEAM, BUT THE OFFICIALS WON'T LET THEM WIN IT,, DAMMIT!!
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

RIGGED!!!!!

guns.gif

guns.gif

cussing.gif

Damn straight they got robbed! What the hell was that Pitts move when the QB stopped about a foot short of the Goal line, then you see the "Oops!" look on his face and he pulls the ball out and sets it over the line for the point! Every play should by reviewed by independent officials, and figure out who's really the Superbowl XL Champions.
cussing.gif

I couldn't belive it, the officials really destroyed that game, it was going to be a great game until they went on some anti SeaHawk trip. 4 calls which had direct game impacts.
Cookie you missed the catch by Stevens which was called incomplete after he turned, put both feet down started to run and then fumbled the ball down field and out of bounds.

Look i know I am going to get blasted for this but I am just gonna say it. The only questionable call I saw in favor of Pittsburgh was the roethlisburger touchdown. The stripped seattle touchdown I believe was just because he totally pushed off the other guy right there in front of the cam in the endzone. All the holding penalties I feel were just because you didn't see holgren challenge any of them. If they hadn't been holding as big of a game as the bowl was he would have been throwing the red flag. Pittsbrughs D held Seatlle in field position that kept them out of easy field goal range two times so in no way was that Seattle being robbed of points. Basically I think Pittsburgh was given only 7 point with that QB touchdown so even if you took those 7 points back from them the final score still would have been 14 to 10 and Seattle still would have lost. Seattle lost that game not due to lack of effort but just lack of clean execution. Thats why we have the officials on the field to catch those kind of things. And if they were Pittsburgh Refs why did they call false starts on them in their FIRST two play attempts? It was reffed well (cept for the TD) but Seattle just wasn't doing it clean enough. Okay........now I get blasted. lol

What an unbelievable game. This is why I don't go to dog or pony races! Geez, was the cosa nostra controlling the strings on the refs?
rock.gif

I told Rubbah a day ago ......and I'll say it again . Pro football ....winner is chosen before the game even begins , not ALL games , but a good bit . Wasn't some of that pretty evident last night ?

Yes , Hawks were robbed ......???

Did anyone notice the advertizing. Almost all of the players holding the trophie and talking about what a Superbowl win would mean to them were Steelers. There was a second of a Seahawk in one of the comercials with a bunch of Steelers and one spot that was just a Seahawk. There were at lease a dozen Steelers in them.

Did anyone notice the advertizing.  Almost all of the players holding the trophie and talking about what a Superbowl win would mean to them were Steelers.  There was a second of a Seahawk in one of the comercials with a bunch of Steelers and one spot that was just a Seahawk.  There were at lease a dozen Steelers in them.
+1 .....possibly the winner was chosen before the game ?
wow.gif

I remembered why I don't watch pro sports toooo much decided by refs. even the steelers fans at our party said Seattle got screwed.

I was even dissapointed in the "calls" made in that game. Very shady if you ask me.

ehhh its ok my best friends babys daddys brother (#26 Ken Hamlin) still gets a ring.

There were questionable calls, and truth be told, the Steelers didn't look that great to begin with (and I was pulling for 'em), BUT just weeks before the Steelers had a horrible call against them in a playoff game that was never overturned. They went on to win anyway, but the point is that ALL teams/games have bad calls...

You guys would never be able to handle the corruption in boxing!
laugh.gif
Good grief...it's far worse...

That was a call that should have been over turned and wasnt cause the ref didnt want to look like a retard and piss off the "home town fans" IMO.

They were robbed, and I agree I think the refs have it all figured out before the game begins. It is kind of like politics whoever has the most money pushed there way wins.:angry:

Back