Seahawks got Robbed!

Look i know I am going to get blasted for this but I am just gonna say it. The only questionable call I saw in favor of Pittsburgh was the roethlisburger touchdown. The stripped seattle touchdown I believe was just because he totally pushed off the other guy right there in front of the cam in the endzone. All the holding penalties I feel were just because you didn't see holgren challenge any of them. If they hadn't been holding as big of a game as the bowl was he would have been throwing the red flag. Pittsbrughs D held Seatlle in field position that kept them out of easy field goal range two times so in no way was that Seattle being robbed of points. Basically I think Pittsburgh was given only 7 point with that QB touchdown so even if you took those 7 points back from them the final score still would have been 14 to 10 and Seattle still would have lost. Seattle lost that game not due to lack of effort but just lack of clean execution. Thats why we have the officials on the field to catch those kind of things. And if they were Pittsburgh Refs why did they call false starts on them in their FIRST two play attempts? It was reffed well (cept for the TD) but Seattle just wasn't doing it clean enough. Okay........now I get blasted. lol
"Look i know I am going to get blasted for this but I am just gonna say it. The only questionable call I saw in favor of Pittsburgh was the roethlisburger touchdown." Your right about this one...

"The stripped seattle touchdown I believe was just because he totally pushed off the other guy right there in front of the cam in the endzone." Push, there was no push, a mere touch yes, but a push, get outa here...

"All the holding penalties I feel were just because you didn't see holgren challenge any of them. If they hadn't been holding as big of a game as the bowl was he would have been throwing the red flag." I don't think you could challenge any penalty's.

"Seattle lost that game not due to lack of effort but just lack of clean execution." I don't know what game you were watching but The Seahawks were the better team." They just got stripped of the title.

"And if they were Pittsburgh Refs why did they call false starts on them in their FIRST two play attempts?" It's called faking the funk. They had to persuade the masses that they were calling a neutral game.

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139248215 -->

after reading thru all of this...

some of you guys really need to learn the rules concerning alot of the stuff your complaining about before you spout off about being robbed.

for example..

the reason the TD didn't count when the seattle player went out of bounds..

it was never a catch because he never got 2 feet in bounds.... you gotta make the catch, not be bobbling it around and all that jazz... be in bounds (2 feet touching the ground inbounds) and have control of the ball..

1 foot down and then out the corner of the endzone.. does not a catch make.

I would explain the rest but I'm sure somebody would get their feelings hurt and I would end up being a creep or some such BS.
cool.gif

tough luck, maybe seattle will make it back next season.
biggrin.gif

I'm a Steelers fan from way back and I think there were a couple of calls which should have gone against them. The most notable, of course, was the TD where the ball never crossed the goal line.

After the first quarter, I was ready to call it a Seahawks game but after that, the Steelers started to look pretty good.

Regardless, I haven't been much of a football fan for many years now. Too much crap like this discussion!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

I was cheering for BOTH teams (since I really like both), so I guess mine was the WINNER
tounge.gif

Really who cares
wink.gif
, it was a good game and whoever wins or looses doesn't change anything in my life
smile.gif

From Yahoo Sports:

The questionable calls:

-- Replays on the offensive interference call showed that Jackson's arms made contact with Pittsburgh's Chris Hope and that they separated afterward. Under the rules, pass interference took place but sometimes the call isn't made.

-- The first TD of the game scored on a third-down rollout by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger late in the first half. Roethlisberger appeared to come down short of the goal line, but it was unclear on replay whether he had gotten the ball to the line before going down. Referee Bill Leavy upheld the call because there was not enough incontrovertible evidence to overturn it.

-- Holding call on Sean Locklear in the fourth: Locklear's penalty erased an 18-yard completion from Matt Hasselbeck to Jerramy Stevens to the Pittsburgh 1 that would have put the Seahawks in position to go ahead 17-14 with around 12 minutes left. It was a close call that was difficult to see on replay.

-- One call that clearly appeared erroneous came after that penalty, when Hasselbeck threw an interception to Pittsburgh's Ike Taylor, then made the tackle but was called for a block below the waist, giving the Steelers an extra 15 yards. They scored soon afterward on a pass from Antwaan Randle El to Hines Ward. Replays showed Hasselbeck never made contact with the player he was supposed to have hit illegally, instead going straight to Taylor to make the tackle.

I am used to seeing one bad call made up for by another bad call on the other team... Most of you prolly know what I mean. But even as much as I hate to say it and try not to believe it, the Ref really fugged up this game. It was screwed up. I do think someone is getting paid.

Back