SE Ohio/WV riders....

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Hey, I am planning a trip next month down your way. 555/800,maybe Elkins, you know, that area. Any really great roads that I may have missed on previous rides? BTW, 26/260 in SE Ohio rock!

Also recommendations on mom n' pop motels that aren't sketchy and campgrounds that we don't have to have superior dirt skills to navigate.

My girlfriend will be riding her brand new BMW K1300 so it would suck to have it stolen from a " bad" part of town or tipped over in a " hare scramble" campground. LOL.

I will say that when we tour together we certainly raise eyebrows, 2 old( ish) broads riding around by ourselves!!! gasp!!! on our sporties. Well, especially me on the busa.

But now she will be on her big bike too,so it should be interesting. Not to mention the fact the we are pretty sure the word" lesbian" hovers in the air after we leave somewhere......LOL....:whistle:

I usually say Dykes on Bykes...:laugh:

Post your itinerary and I will come meet up with you and ride some of Ohio's great roads!
I'm southern tip of Ohio, but i can be anywhere in the state in less than 5 hours. Easy day trip for me.

219, 220, 33, and 250 are all great rides. If you're gonna be down around Elkins, go on over and stay at Blackwater Falls or Canaan Valley State Park (may need reservations, because the Blackwater Lodge fills up frequently and camping at Canaan does too on occastion). Seneca Shadows campground is run by the NPS, but it's kinda primitive. If you like live Americana/Roots music, maybe stay at the Purple Fiddle in Thomas and catch a show. They have a decent beer selection, interesting food, and the people are always an interesting mix that is generally kinda fun to mingle with.

I ride/hike/camp in that part of WV every chance I get. Feel free to post/PM specifics of what you're looking for and I'll give you what I know.

I seriously LOL'd at the "hare scramble" campground comment! I've been in a few of those!! :rofl:

well as you pass through the tri state corner...hit me up laurie. send me pm we will exchange numbers again.. my old cell died.

I think we will be doing a mix of " primitive" camping and a couple nights in a motel. I don't drink at all ,but my friend might. I can't afford to eat in restaurants so I buy my food at Walmart or Target or bring pb and honey with me and mini wheats.

I bring my coffee from home and sugar ect. I just buy perishables on the road.
My friend is in a different wage bracket than me so restaurants and hotels are not an issue at all.....for her.

But for me, every penny I spend at a eat in place or a hotel means several less tanks of fuel and a shorter trip or no trip at all.

Org ohio peeps......hook up time!!

Calm down colton... Shes bringing another....... Whoaaaaa girl????!!!! Ohhhh like a pit bull on a bone colton is on that!!!!

On a more serious note... Plenty camping space in my yard if ya wanna save dough... And garage for bikes?And you know we will feed ya'!!

Back