SE, LE... what's the difference?

Noltez

Registered
I've been trying to desipher what the difference is between the different "models" of Hayabusa's. Can someone give me a rundown of what the different models were through the years?

TIA,

OK My understanding is that the LE and SE are the exact same 2002 Black Bike. Just differences in what people call it, for whatever reason Suzuki has left it sort of vague. But My understanding is that the 02' LE is just that an LE. The SE doesn't really exist but is refering to the same bike. If you are talking real from the Factory Production stuff anyway. I think I have SE in my Signature and I frequently see it refered to as the SE though the closest Suzuki has ever come to officially naming it is LE.

The 03 Pumpkin Busa (No Offense Folks) is actually an A.E. "Anni Edition" and should be refered to as such in my view.

The 03 Pumpkin Busa (No Offense Folks) is actually an A.E. "Anni Edition" and should be refered to as such in my view.
You are correct Rev but the '03 Anniversary Edition is by definition a limited edition so IMHO it is ok to call it an LE too.

'02 SE or LE = solid black w/black frame & swingarm
'03 SE or LE or AE = solid metallic burnt copper w/black frame & swingarm.

"Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?"

Well we could do away with them altogether and call them the Midnight Falcon, and the Anniversary Edition... It's the only way I have actually seen Suzuki refer to them...  

Yeah I am riding a big MF... :cool:

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068512328 -->

To go a little further into it -

Since the '03 busa is a 40th AE, why wouldn't all of the '03 Suzukis be considered 40th AE? It's not the 40th anniv of the busa, right?

H-D made all of the '03 models 100th AE's, but you could get additional paint, graphics, and medalions to further emphasize it.

Just wondering.

To go a little further into it -

Since the '03 busa is a 40th AE, why wouldn't all of the '03 Suzukis  be considered 40th AE?  It's not the 40th anniv of the busa, right?

H-D made all of the '03 models 100th AE's, but you could get additional paint, graphics, and medalions to further emphasize it.

Just wondering.
That's why the '03 AE Busa is a limited edition. It is a special version of Suzuki's flag ship model (Hayabusa) to mark Suzuki's 40th Aniversary. Not all '03 Busa's are AE's, no other model of '03 is either, therefore it is a LE by definition.

Don't worry all, I am not taking this seriously. Call 'em whatever you want. I like Midnight Falcon for the '02 LE.

Oh and to those that don't know, the '03 AE has a small medallion of sorts on the triple clamp cover that says "40th Anniversary" or something like that. It does not say anything about limited edition or special edition anywhere on it or in any literature from Suzuki so AE is technically correct.

Yes & no.
The '02 LE/SE & the '03 AE are the only ones with black frames/swingarms, at least in this country. And again, the '02 is all black, the '03 is orange w/black. And as does all '03 Busa's, the '03 AE has gold forks/calipers instead of silver (which IMHO looks really cool with the orange).

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1068569087 -->

'79 Chrysler LeBaron SE

aLebaron.jpg

Jackass...:D

K, thanks for clearing that up. Being Canadian, I'll be watching for a Midnight Falcon model then :cool: .

Cheers,

Back