Screeching noise from rear brakes

ankurv

Registered
Hi Guys,

I just bought a 03 Suzuki Hayabusa last week - amazing bike and great ride :-)

But I have been noticing that my rear brakes make a screeching noise when I use them - could anyone of you give me a couple of possible reasons for this. I don't want to look like a dork when I take the bike to the shop to get it fixed.

thanks for all your help in advance.

Ankur

First off Welcome...
beerchug.gif

Secondly PICS.... we need pics, they are like a drug round here and we all fiend them...
cool.gif

Lastly, I can not tell you for sure what the break issue is with yours however, my front break was sqeaking when I apply them I took it to the shop and they said that everything was ok they just wore a "smooth" spot that would squeak.  They told me they took the breaks off and roughed the smooth spot and I have not had any issues. [knocking on wood]

I am by no means wrencher so I just took there word for it.  Maybe someone else can chime in......
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|04busaVA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125539796 -->

Congrats and welcome! How many miles on the bike and do you know if the previous owner changed the rear brake pads? If they did and put something like EBC HH pads on the rear they tend to squeak a little more than OEM pads. And yes pics are mandatory!

The shop that installed my new tires found the rear pads ready for replacement and used an aftermarket part. The squeal drove me nuts, so they chamfered the pads. In a couple of hundred miles of riding, it has squealed once. That's better but I still will use OE pads the next time.

Ed

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...I suppose you break pads must be worn out... why dont you get em changed
rock.gif

You don't need the service guys to do the pad swap. Go buy a set of metric wrenches and do it yourself. Its not hard and the money you save on labor alone will buy your tools and then some!

Back