Scratched my fairing

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I took the fairing off to finish up the HID install and also to install the Acument gear indicator. Well I scratched the left-side while putting the fairing back on. Don't know if it's good or bad but it's scratched on the decal and not the paint. The scratch is only on the decal in the red part.

How easy is it to replace the decal that is scratched. The pic below doesn't show the scratch, only the area that is scratched.

scratch.jpg

had the samething happen to me bringing my home in the trailer the day i bought it,the strap had rubbed a hole in a sticker because a friend of mine didn't strap it right. it's really not that hard just heat it up with a hair dryer and pull it off. just make sure you clean the the old sticky film off with some rubbing alcohol,just rub easy and put the other sticker on. don't pull the whole sticker backing off all at once,do a little at a time.if your not sure about it just take it back to the dealer and have them put it on,they do it all the time due to shipping damage. good luck!!!  
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|busa crazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142041582 -->

IMG_0333.JPG

When I take the plastics off, I place masking tape on that section before putting back on. Have had the right side off several times with no scratches. Just my $.02

Ever got those tiny scratches on your tank from a tankbag? Right now ive ordered a bagster full tank cover to keep my tank from getting banged up.Repainting a tank isnt cheap if u realize that honda polish isnt gonna get rid of the scratch

I just learned to live with the scratches . Gives the busa more character. Caus, you know next time you are gonna be trying to take something out .Oops , there goes another scratch.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|hionbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142132965 -->

Back