Scottoiler

schackster

Registered
I am wanting to install a Scottoiler on my 2003 Busa. Can anybody recommend the most suitable mounting position for the main oil reservoir ??

Well , I must say that I'm surprised . Given that the Busa doesnt have a centre stand oiling the chain becomes a two person job. Scottoiler solves this problem. I've had them on my last 3 bikes and think it works great . No need to carry a tine of chain lube on those long trips

Most of us have a rear stand, and even when I did not have one, I would oil a section, roll the bike forward, and repeat till done, no big deal........

I use my rear stand. I face the bike with the front tire against the wall, raise the rear start the bike, put it in first and lube the chain. I still use the old fashioned oil and paint brush method. It's messy but HIGHLY effective. I have heard and read too many horror stories of chains going bad and doing bad things ... ask Creeekboy. He owes his team of guardian angels a HUGE steak dinner!

Try posting on sport-touring.net. I know some of the guys in there use the Scotts oiler.

I have heard the Scottoilers are messy; I use a roller and deal with the chain.

Back