scorpio alarm woes

craigntx

Registered
yesterday i set er down a little hard and my alarm started goin off. i aint used the thing since my remote became damaged.
the alarm goes off, and lites flash for a few mins, then goes off for a few then it starts again. (i thought the scorpio had an ignition interrupt).
anyway, i tried disconnecting the + and the - conneccts at the battery. also tried unplugging the connects to the unit, same sht.
pls help. this is really fkn up my image, and its spring break too
(its the newest, or at least at that time newest scorpio)
thanks
craig

if i understand your post correctly, your problem is that the alarm continues to intermittently go off without being set and will not stop even when you disconnect it from the bike

you possibly broke something inside the unit although you may try tracing your wires and see if there is a short in your wiring or disconnected wire...this could be causing the alarm to activate since it will do so if the power supply from your bike is cut

the Scorpio has an optional internal battery for a back up power system...if yours has this, it allows the alarm to continue to work in case someone cuts the power to it while trying to steal your bike...if you disconnect the alarm from the bike's power supply it will run down and quit going off

i hope this helps
beerchug.gif

(semi @ Mar. 18 2007,13:55) if i understand your post correctly, your problem is that the alarm continues to intermittently go off without being set and will not stop even when you disconnect it from the bike

you possibly broke something inside the unit although you may try tracing your wires and see if there is a short in your wiring or disconnected wire...this could be causing the alarm to activate since it will do so if the power supply from your bike is cut

the Scorpio has an optional internal battery for a back up power system...if yours has this, it  allows the alarm to continue to work in case someone cuts the power to it while trying to steal your bike...if you disconnect the alarm from the bike's power supply it will run down and quit going off

i hope this helps
beerchug.gif
sweet man thanks!
i thought the scorpio had an ignition disconnect.
how does it run while the alarms goin off?

(craigntx @ Mar. 18 2007,18:42)
(semi @ Mar. 18 2007,13:55) if i understand your post correctly, your problem is that the alarm continues to intermittently go off without being set and will not stop even when you disconnect it from the bike

the Scorpio has an optional internal battery for a back up power system...if yours has this, it  allows the alarm to continue to work in case someone cuts the power to it while trying to steal your bike...if you disconnect the alarm from the bike's power supply it will run down and quit going off

i hope this helps
beerchug.gif
sweet man thanks!
i thought the scorpio had an ignition disconnect.
how does it run while the alarms goin off?
Ignition disable is an option!

Back