Scorpio Alarm Question

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
I decided to install the Scorpio today. Noticed the harness says "Kawasaki". Of course, I fear the worse, but did you guys get a Kawi or Suzuki harness with your kit??? This sux.

Well... Greg said he would send me the correct harness and apologized... good service, but a bummer...

Here I sit, bike apart... and the busa meet three days away... doooch!

One other suggestion: before you put the wrapper back on the rear, check the alarm sensitivity. I had mine mounted vertically against the side and the tilt sensor was worthless, even at setting 5 (just like the manual warned). If you are using the proximity sensor, maybe this won't matter to you. I don't mind someone looking at the bike (hence, no prox sensor), but don't want them sitting on it (so I gotta have tilt)!

Ya I have noticed that the proximit sensor is real sensiteve. I have it on top of the ecu (right under the front seat) I have not checked the sensitivity yet though.

Ya I have noticed that the proximit sensor is real sensiteve.  I have it on top of the ecu (right under the front seat)  I have not checked the sensitivity yet though.
I left the factory settings as-is on mine and that proximity sensor is da bomb!  When you get within 5 ft. for longer than 3 seconds, it will give the 3 warning chirps.  Way cool...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1081890047 -->

One other suggestion:  before you put the wrapper back on the rear, check the alarm sensitivity.  I had mine mounted vertically against the side and the tilt sensor was worthless, even at setting 5  (just like the manual warned).  If you are using the proximity sensor, maybe this won't matter to you.  I don't mind someone looking at the bike (hence, no prox sensor), but don't want them sitting on it (so I gotta have tilt)!
Where did you wind up mounting the tilt sensor?

Anyone have recommendations on the tilt sensor?

Thanks

Back