Scorpio Alarm 500 I think

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
I rode my bike to work the other day and tried to arm the alarm. No luck. I finally got to mess with it today and when I grabbed the module it was hot. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, now it seems to be working fine and now it's slightly warm. (but I didn't let it cool off completely) I'm keeping an eye on it heating up today but now I'm going to be worried about the stupid thing. Has anyone had this problem? Is the module supposed to be warm? If anyone could check theirs out and let me know would be great. Thanks

i have had similiar problems. a couple times the alarm would go off but a very low volume. and my pager would vibrate and alarm and I couldnt disarm it. everytime this has happened it was in summer. no damage to my receiver either. so i unhooked the alarm from the battery 4 a few hours and it seemed to fix it.

My 500 also locks up when it gets hot.......I have to park it in the shade in the summer. Kinda sad for such an expensive alarm ???

I checked it awhile ago and it's not hot at all now. I may give them a call Monday,
I don't want a meltdown.

the first thing they will ask you is if your receiver is damaged. then they will tell you to unplug your alarm for 4 hours or something. they were not very helpful for me.
good luck and you may want to do a search here on the .org or pm some folks

Back