scorpio 900 alarm woes

craigntx

Registered
got the 900 about a month ago.
within a week, the ignition cuts out momentarily on the fwy.
days later it dies completely on surface street. starts up again in about 15 min.
next day, wont start. starts up again, i ride to the shop did the install.
knowing the alarms the prob, they pull it, i test ride, no problem.
it's been 3 weeks since it was sent back.
the shop today lets it slip "they're gonna see IF they're gonna warranty it"!
wtf?
someone on another forum suggested it could be a faulty install issue.
thoughts?
it's getting old taking the bike to storage every night, but this is what i gotta do (2 fkn thefts):banghead:

If you keeping it outside cause it has an alarm at might be better to leave it in storage :thumbsup: quite a few with that system maybe they can help you.

If you do a search for scorpio i900 you'll find a lot of help. If you have the ignition cut off installed that could be your problem. A few people on here ended up removing that to solve their problems.

Like the post above said I wouldn't count on this alarm or any alarm to keep my bike safe outside for any lengthy amount of time. If this is your plan I would recommend getting lo-jack or a GPS tracking device installed also. Probably a heavy duty chain and a brake caliper lock wouldn't hurt either. :thumbsup:

got the 900 about a month ago.
within a week, the ignition cuts out momentarily on the fwy.
days later it dies completely on surface street. starts up again in about 15 min.
next day, wont start. starts up again, i ride to the shop did the install.
knowing the alarms the prob, they pull it, i test ride, no problem.
it's been 3 weeks since it was sent back.
the shop today lets it slip "they're gonna see IF they're gonna warranty it"!
wtf?
someone on another forum suggested it could be a faulty install issue.
thoughts?
it's getting old taking the bike to storage every night, but this is what i gotta do (2 fkn thefts):banghead:
I had similiar probs with my scorpio...and their customer service...was not impressed to say the least :whistle:

A friend of mine was having problems with his 900, I have the 500 works great. (Knock on wood).

Sorry to hear about the alarm system issues. I often fear for my ride. Dayum theives :moon:

If you do a search for scorpio i900 you'll find a lot of help. If you have the ignition cut off installed that could be your problem. A few people on here ended up removing that to solve their problems.

Like the post above said I wouldn't count on this alarm or any alarm to keep my bike safe outside for any lengthy amount of time. If this is your plan I would recommend getting lo-jack or a GPS tracking device installed also. Probably a heavy duty chain and a brake caliper lock wouldn't hurt either. :thumbsup:

an alarm w/o an ignition kill is like a guard dog with no teeth, imo.
???

what other alarms, hopefully NOT made in china, have an ignition kill?
thanks for the responses

Mine works great..... if you leave your bike for a long time without turning it on it tends to suck your battery up... After leave I got back and passed my bike and it gave the silliest squeek... would scare an ant away... I turned the bike on for a bit and the alarm came back fine... the battery reloaded. Not the best alarm, and only reason i got it was to push away the peeps that like sitting on my bike while im shopping or at work etc... I dont rely on it from thieves dats for sure... though it might make them think twice. All in all for my requirements it does what i need it to do... Is your battery new?

an alarm w/o an ignition kill is like a guard dog with no teeth, imo.
???

what other alarms, hopefully NOT made in china, have an ignition kill?
thanks for the responses
I agree someone jacks my bike they'll be in for a surprise before the a$$ whoopin commences.:moon:

Re: scorpio 900 alarm woes (update)

the shop sent the alarm in to scorpio for testing.
turns out the perimiter sensor was installed too close to the main control module, triggering the system.
if they (shop) would've just read the instructions, a whole lotta hassle on my part would've been saved.
also they evidently waited 2 1/2 weeks to get a return authorization, so it took a full MONTH to get my alarm back.
as soon as it's installed, i'll burn the incompetant sobs on this and every forum i can get on:laugh:

Damn sorry to hear you had a hard time... Keep your battery charged bro coz alarm suck your battery dry if your not careful!

Yeah, it usually turns out to be a faulty install when they don't work correctly. I have the perimeter sensor on top of my battery. The ECU is not too far away, but enough not to have any issues.

Back